icon

Other Crimestopper installers / dealers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lazyike 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

I was wondering how this product is doing for you. I am a small crimestopper dealer, installing for a local car company and to local people by word of mouth. I have been a dealer for 3 years now and only do about 6 a year.  I install usually only the rs999tw-1 because of the pageback feature and the range ( its awsome)... but I have been having many returns. almost all of the transmitters have hade to be returned to crimestopper because it would not come out of sleep mode ( crimestopper acknoledged this problem. thats way the new remote now) I am also going to be sending my second unit back due to a bad brain. All in all i am having about a 90% return rate on at least some part of the starter system. It is getting very frustrating and cuts into my profits.  I am thinking about taking on a new product but I do not know who to go with. There is another local company installing dei products and personaly I think they are over priced and have cheep looking remotes.

Has anyone else having the same problems? or suggestions?

Mike

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
I have been installing Crimestopper units for 3 years also,I am not a dealer,I just install out of my garage by word of mouth also.I only installed one RS999tw and the 2way remote never worked from day one,I sent it back and they sent a new one which has worked fine.I think Crimestopper is one of the best products out there,they have a lifetime warranty and their tech support is awsome!I have installed some scytec units lately because people seem to want that style of pager,they also have a lifetime warranty.
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed many of the them-- RS900, RS901, RS800, RS830, RS999FM, RS999TW + A few Alarm/remote starts.. and have never had one failure. (Dropped remotes, customer intervention not included). I have had a few bad bypass modules, and of course a few installation errors, but have never had a bad unit. Only problem with Crimestopper is its more expensive to buy direct from them.... even when buying a case of 24 at a time. I end up buying from a secondary source and I save 5-10 bucks per unit.
Hak
Hak
Siemens Autostart
lazyike 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
so am I the only one getting bad units from them?
Haku 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Dont play the lottery :)
Hak
Siemens Autostart
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Have any of you Crimestopper fans ever used the GM-U7- I bought two and have yet to try them- They sound too good to be true- I am going to install one this week on a 2004 Silverado- I can't find any one who has used them yet- maybe because they are so new...........
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
Haku 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I have used them, I now use Trilogix's GMDL-BP which is the same thing, only cheaper....
And yes they are great!! I can do a remote start with keyless entry on a 2003+ GM fullsize truck or suv in 1.25hrs, from start to finish, including soldering every wire, and making it look like factory wiring..
Hak
Siemens Autostart
solartech 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have had mixed results with crime stopper. The rs900 is ann ecellent unit  and the U7 is too good to be true! But I have had bad luck with all of the two way remote starters and alarms. They work good at first but the remotes are way too delecate. Almost every one I sold had some kinda problem with the remote. For two way system I strongly recomed Firstech products,The Compustar.  As for the crime stopper rs 810 the tach will only work in certin vehicals usualy it will over crank on GM cars, and the tachless feature works poorly.  I tryed 25 of these and was dissaponted compaired to thr great rs900, which is only $10 more per unit.
Solartech Window Tinting & Electronics Inc.
hafr 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

I also use crimestopper product and I have had great luck with the rs900 series but every combo unit (cs2011) goes bad, thank goodness for lifetime warranty and a local distributor for swaps.

The first genneration of gmu-7 really screwed me up with trailblazerslast year but the new software works great. i also use the jdpk3 module for the jeeps but have had 2 go bad this week in 2002 cherokees. I have to service them this week.

all and all crimestopper is pretty reliable.

the price is right as well, compared to DEI or Codealarm.

Rich Hawthorne
Hands-Free installations
"don't talk with your hands full"
516-no-hands
CBill 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying out this M3700 from Megatronix Alarm and it seem like a pretty stable and good system.. I just installed it so I can't really comment on it other than the distance of that remote quite far at least a good 1/4 mile away is the farest I tested so far ...

I might post a small review after I try it for a week or so ..

Bill

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic