icon

Nissan Sentra Clifford 3.5 wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
srusin1 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Im doing a rs/alarm on a 2002 nissan sentra se.After hooking everything up the car will not start at all(both the RS and with the key).Does this alarm(or the Viper) have the starter kill built in)?I know that this car has two starter wires but have never done a nissan. I cut the starter wire(blk/white), and connected the key side to green from the relay pack. The starter side to the purple from relay pack.For the second start wire (blk / YELLOW) i just connected it with a relay using the purple (-) 200ma starter output wire from the relay pack.After this the car didnt start at all. When you turn the key, you can hear the fuel pump turn on but the starter will not turn over. Then I just wanted to get the car to start so I reconnected cut starter wire and it started. WHat could be the problem, the starter kill seems to not be working?how have other people wired nissans?
christophe 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
does the car start after you reconneted the wire? Is it possible you unhooked the ring that goes around the key cylinder for the factory transponder?
srusin1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the car starts after i reconnected it, and the vehicle doesnt have an immobilizer.
christophe 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
once you hook up the remote start make sure that the ribbon cable is pluged in securly on both the relay pack and the unit, its a problem I've experenced.
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
The purple -200ma wire is a relay trigger wire.. Make sure your relay is wired as follows: Connect pin 85&30 to a fused 12v source. Connect the -200ma purple to pin 86. Connect ping 87 to the second starter wire..no cutting of the wire, just solder/crimp it together. take the starter bypass relay out of the equation temporarily and see if it Remote starts. Bear in mind all the starter connections always happen after the bypass relay.
There is also a possible transponder bypass on the car..I recall reading that some sentra's had it..looks like yours is an SE..top of the line..probably has it..
srusin1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
How do I take the starter bypass out of the equation, by just connecting the PUrple wire to the starter wire?
srusin1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
How do I take the starter bypass out of the equation, by just connecting the PUrple wire to the starter wire and not connecting the Green one?
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
Well, the starter kill is optional. If you did not install one up, then it is not connected. I thought you had one installed since you mentioned starter kill in the original positing. The purple + wire should always be connected to the starter side regardless of starter kill installed or not, and the green wire goes to the ignition side for status input. The purple wire sends the signal to starter to initialize when you are remote starting.
You should have the wires from the relay satellite wiring connected as follows
Purple should go to starter side of starter wire. Green should go to key side of starter wire. Orange should go to accessory wire from ignition. Red's are both 12v constant along with RED / white (optional for additional power to the brain)
This should be your base setup to get you going. If you are going to introduce a starter relay into the equation, wire it with a starter bypass relay (has a diode going across the relay coils to prevent spikes) (If you are going to install a regular relay, place a 1A IN4003 diode across pins 86 and 85 with the silver band on 85)
Pin 86 of the relay should go the orange H1/1 -500ma armed output. pin 85 should go to ignition 1 wire from your car. pin 30 should go to the starter wire key side and pin 87a should go to the car side of the starter wire. In theory, if the car is armed, the orange wire will send the negative signal and if you try to start the car, ignition 1 will supply power to the relay activating it breaking contact for the starter wire disabling crank. Bear in mind you should have the purple starter wire after the starter kill relay, not before it..critical if you want remote start to work.
How did you verify the car does not have an immobilizer ?
srusin1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
What if I dont want to cut the starter wire, would i then just connect the purple wire and everything wopuld work?
srusin1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
christophe was right , the ribbon cable was not connected tightly

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic