icon

2002 grand prix gtp prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

hello, i was in the middle of installing a remote start in a 2002 grand prix gtp, i had the power section of the remote starter done and finished. i was under the hood drilling a hole for the hood pin ( usual spot i always put it)  i had the radio in the car on ( also as usual because you can latch the door hinge and not have the beeping withthe door open) 

i was almost through the hole when the radio went dead, just after i finished drilling the hole ( no wires under or touched while i was drilling)  i went in the car and turned the radio back on but the display wasn't comming on. every thing else in the car works (dash lights , radio lights, and so on) only the display lights dont come on to show the time. is there a chance drilling the hole cause some interferance or just coinsadance that the display died while i was working on the car? once i finsihed the car starter, everything worked fine. but still no display (even when started normally) i'm confused on this one..anyone else have the same prob or some insite?

audeogod 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  

Does the radio or CD player still work even without the display illuminated??  If so, then I'd say you did nothing wrong cause if you had hit a wire then none of it would work.  That would have to be internal. 

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
yes the cd player and radio still worked and to my knowledge the dash lights as stuff like that (lights in the radio) it was mid day but it lookedl ike they lit up, they changed colour a little. and you are able to see the time is you look at it at the right angle in the day. but not like it should be...if it wasn't for the display being dead no one would know anything was put in there car cause everything else worked great...for a chev anyway 2002 grand prix gtp prob -- posted image.  the customer is comming back tommrow or tuesday (weather depending...we got a blizzard right now) and i'm just trying to find out if i've gotta pay for a new cd player or tell them it's a warrenty job

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic