the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

791xv in a 2000 Ford F350

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobilevt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  

I am having some problems with this... I just installed this alarm in my friend's diesel truck.

Everything worked fine and worked properly (or it seems)

He called and told me that 20 minutes after arming, it went off, showing the door icon on the remote.  He did this several times, same 20 minutes.  I'm stumped.  Any ideas what that could be?  I tapped directly to the door switch wire inside the door to get my door sense.  It worked fine when I tested the alarm and it went off when I opened it.  Any ideas?

Sean

Emergency Vehicle Technician
Got Freedom? Thank a vet!
johnnydi77 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  

In that vehicle the BCM shutsdown after a given period of time. When this happens the ddor trigger wire sees a small pulse enough to trigger an alarm but not strong enough to trip a relay. Take a relay put 85 neg door pin of truck, 86 12v, 87 ground, 30 neg door input of alarm.

John J. DiStefano Jr.
mobilevt 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

John, THANKS!  I'm going to go back to my friends today... I'll let you know how it went!

Sean

mobilevt 
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

John,

I just installed the relay, it worked beautifully!  I wonder how would you know about that fix?

Anyway, MANY thanks!!!

Sean

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic