the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Autostart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
I installed an autostart 615 for the first time on a 2000 Altima. The only thing thta works is the door lock. I read you had to set the tach for something before it will remote start. I did not hook up the horn so I have no sound confirmation. I thing the led should flash as the horn beeps,but I am not 100% sure. How can I confirm it is in the correct mode? I notice that the autolock button whe the ignition was turned on did not work. Do you think that is an indiation I did not hook up the Ignition wires correctly. I checked them and my connection look okay.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

I have never heard of AutoStart 615 but if they are the same as the rest you have to have the tach wire hooked up and programed.

To program,

- hold hood pin switch down for six sec

- release it, push and release again

- hold brake pedal, and press lock and unlock until park lights flash (4 or 5 times)

- release brake, start car

- let car reach normal idle speed

- press brake until park lights flash ( 7 times I think)

- tach is programed

Close hood, car should remote start, if it doesn't the lights will flash 1-10 times. There is a chart in the book that will tell you what the flashs are for.

Good Luck

Craig.

johnnydi77 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
They are the cylider settings.
John J. DiStefano Jr.
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry,
I said autostart and I meant autopage 615.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Your install manual is here: Autopage RS-615 install
If using Tach Sensing, did you connect the WHITE/ Red wire: Tach Input ? Most importantly, did you program a check type ? Tach/Voltage/Timer ? You need to tell the car what mode to expect. Look at page 20 of the install manual, all the way at the bottom. It starts to tell you about it.. Then go to page 22, "Start Feature D Programming" and look at column option 2.
I would personally bypass the Tach Sensing and use the voltage sensing. They work very well on the Autopage Units. Go to start feature D programming and select voltage checking type and then remote start the car. Fine tune it using option 3B "strar crank time" Set it to 0.8 second..nissan's work great with that.. Good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic