icon

GMDL-BP on 2003 GMC Sierra 4Dr

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
erreich 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am having some problems installing a comustar remote start, GMDL-BP on a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel. I have everything working except for when I arm the system it will trigger the alarm and thinks the doors are open. I have tied the alarm systems door trigger input to the GMDL-BP door trigger output (pink white), and also to 2 wires on the BCM (purple plug) for the rear doors all seperated by diodes. I can disconnect the GMDL (front doors) from the alarm and the rear doors can tigger the alarm but the front will not.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I look at not using the GMDL-BP and tie them inside the doors?
Thanks
Eric Reich
johnnydi77 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Pink on that module should be door sense in. Go to the gray/black (positive triggger) dome light wire. Disconnect your rear doors cause that should pick all the doors up.
John J. DiStefano Jr.
erreich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
The pink from the GMDL is hooked up to BCM pin E already. So are you saying that the Pink wire(input to GMDL) is the out put signal for Pink\white (except for + input and a - output)?
I have disconnected the pink\white (door trigger output) and checked it with a DMM when the door is closed and open and never see anything but 134 ohms it never goes to no resistance.
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
The GMDLBP has door trigger input and output. Take the gray/black from the truck and tie that into the door trigger input on the GMDLBP, then from the GMDLBP to the red (positive door trigger input) on the compustar. That gray/black will do all the doors for factory security on the GMDLBP. Hope that helps. Holla back yo.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
accually, you need to tie it to the RED / white - input on the alarm as the GMDLBP takes the + dome light output on the BCM and turns it into a - signal on the pink/white
erreich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
extreme1
That is exactly how I though it should work and is currently hooked up, but it still thinks the door is open. Should I be reeding 134 ohms on the pink\white on the output of the gmdl? I never see and open or closed gound from the module when I open or close the front doors. Bad module maybee????
Eric
erreich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone please??
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

Only use the red,black,green,blue and purple.Then try it.

BigDog
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

WoW......everyone has a different "FIX"  Wouldn't it be great if the module just "plugged in" to the brain...........

Oh ya thats right.....Astroflex does!!!

erreich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
If I only have red (power), black (ground), green (lock), blue (unlock), and purple (data bus), how will the aftermarket alarm ever get triggered if a door is open? That does not quite make since.
Eric
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic