icon

frozen compustar's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sexified 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
lately the temp. here has been pretty cold like in the -45 with a windchill and i was wondering if an yone has delt with this same problem.
i realize that extreme cold weather effects everything and electronics usually tend to be more prone to failure with unusual temps, but i have delt with the 2 way starter alarm, 1 way fm starter only and the 1 way am starter only, systems that seem to freeze right up. by this i mean the systems do not function untill the temp. of the car is warmed up, and to do this the customer has to start it with the key and let it run...thus defeating the purpose of a remote start. i've checked the obvious (hood pin, remotes, valet ect.)and was not made a believer untill it happened to my system. so i found the "fix" was to swap the system for a new one and haven't had any problems.(so far) i'm wondering if maybe there were a bad batch of these things because they all seemed to be installed in and around the same time.
any ideas?
i know with the dei products the range is not as impressive but they sure do hold up to the temps. hot or cold they almost seem bulletproof.
sweet.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
I would get in touch with your rep....... this is a serious issue, and I have heard of it before.  Yes ...it happens!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic