icon

APS-996a false alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eric_the_great1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
Everything works great, except for some reason, when doors are locked (alarmed armed), when remote started, the alarm goes off.  Did I hook up something wrong, is that why the alarm isn't shunted during remote start?  Please help.  Thanks guys for a great forum
soundzplus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

first off -- What kind of Car is it in ?

This might help ....

jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
Your shock sensor is causing this problem! You need to use the light blue wire with a relay to bypass the shock sensor. Check the installation manual for the LT blue wire connection and how it gets connected to disarm the shock sensor during remote start. It has been a long time so I do not remember.
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
soundzplus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

Might not be the impact sensor .. could be other things .. dome lite pulses (found in the NEW Fords)

but thats an easy place to start .. 

jaurora 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

Well I am almost positive it is the shock sensor. As with prestige, they dont bypass the shock sensor during remote start automatically. As with viper, they bypass the shock sensor during remote start operation and the alarm still remains fully operational. I ran into this issue with almost all of the prestige's that I installed. Aps-786,Aps-996 ect...

Jeremy
eric_the_great1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot guys, I appreciate it.  I guess I took it for granted that it automatically bypassed it.  Seems kind of silly not to do that.  Anyway, I appreciate it.  By the way, its on a 96 Cav.  Thanks again
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Audiovox automatically shunts the shock sensor during remote start. Look at page 14 of the install manual, they have it written under the the description for the 4pin shock sensor.
The lt.blue wire is for 3rd ignition or aftermarket shock sensors that do not get shunted during remote start. This has always been the way with audiovox. Even on an older APS-775 that I just put in has the sensor shunted during RS. You seem to be having a different issue going on. Do not introduce the lt.blue wire into the system. You risk frying the shock sensor and the brain..
jaurora 
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

Metaverse,

I beg to differ. To boot the lt blue wire can be used for a bunch of things (not just third ign.). I have installed plenty of prestiges, and all of them need the shock sensor bypass. APS-776, APS-996. But I do know that there was a couple of different versions of the 996. I cant argu if the manual says so, in which none of mine did. Pluse the light blue wire is a 200ma ground 3 sec before, during, and 3 sec after remote start. Please intrduce me as to how the brain and/or shock sensor may be fried!

Jeremy
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
First off, every audiovox has this feature, period. APS-775, 786, 996, to mention a few. I just installed an APS-775 two weeks ago which was made in 1998 and it had this feature..the 996 is it's successor which came out in the 2000+ The manual located here the official one I downloaded from audiovox's website. I know there are iterations of 996A, 996B and 996C's..but, this info is from the model the user mentioned. The shock sensor is always a 4 wire..always has been. Unless it is an old clifford with no pre-warning and just straight full trigger. You even had to run a power and ground on those sensors since they only tied into the brain for full trigger.
How you can fry a sensor is by introducing a negative trigger with a positive line. The install manual does not mention how to bypass an aftermarket shock sensor. It just says the lt.blue is a negative trigger that can be used for that option. It clearly states for a non plug-in sensor which is aftermarket. I mentioned "RISK" frying a line since the user could possibly wire it wrong by tying it into a power line on the factory plug-in shock sensor.
I'm no expert, nor do I do this for a living..yet, I install so many at this point maybe I should. So, i'm going to take a deferred stand. This is a no guarantee, informative website. All I can say is go do what you have to do and good luck with whatever you do. I'm just here to compare what is in my head and from experience from hand's on and picking the brain of experts online and onsite. I always backup my info where I can. Good luck..
Uniqueauto 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

Many probelms with the new 996a and 996c  was the alarm falsing during remote start. You have to use the third ing output and bypass the shock sensor during remote start. I've installed many Prestige alarms and that was one of the major problems. Most of my customers came back with the complaint of the alarm going off when the car is remote started. As Jaurora stated DEI bypasses the shock sensor during remote start.  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic