icon

question for Steven Kephart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97Avalonxls 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking into getting a Brahma 12. I think I'll probobly be putting it into a sealed enclosure. My question is what is the best way to wire it. I have two Directed 600d's (the 1999 version) they are externally syncable. what is the best way to wire the sub? Externally bridged with the VC's in parallel, one amp on each VC? any other suggestion are certainly welcome but I think I'd rather not buy a new amp. thanks in advance 
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not to familiar with the Directed amplifiers.  However I really don't recommend strapping amplifiers unless you really know what you are doing as there is huge potential for mishap.  Because of this, I would recommend just using one amp on the Brahma.  You might be surprised at the output you will have.  In fact adding twice the power (similar to hooking up that second amp) doesn't give you as much gain as you would expect.  Good luck!

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

BTW, you can contact me directly in the future by e-mail at skephart@adireaudio.com.  This will also allow me to forward your question to our tech support who are a little better at answering these questions than I am.  Also, this would have been a great question to ask to the general public as I'm sure many here have more experience with that amp than I do.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

97Avalonxls 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
excellent, thank you very much for the feedback, and in the future I will certainly make use of the email address. Thanks again

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic