icon

Upgrade Path, full soundproof advise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
creed 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, this is my first post here...i have a fairly simple setup which contains the following items:
i. Eclipse 8051 HU
ii. Soundstream Vangogh 500.4
iii. CDT HD62EF
iv. CDT HE120 subwoofer
currently Vangogh channel 1&2 for front component in passive, while channel 3&4 is bridged for the sub, i just thinking of having little upgrade to my ICE, and here's the list i'm thinking, please suggest/comments it if you guys have any clue...
i. Get a ADS PH30.2 6 channel
- Replace the Vangogh with this PH30.2, powering the front component active using the built-in crossover, then bridged the 5&6 channel to provides 300watts @ 4ohm to the subwoofer...question is, will this have any improvement over my current passive setup? but the digital crossover and burr-brown DAC of the ADS amp obviously looks yummy...i've seen a few selling on ebay...even cheaper if you willing to take those refurbished one, but just aint know bout their quality...
ii. Just Add another Vangogh
- just get another 2channel vangogh, 600.2 or 800.2...then power the front component with the 500.4 running active using the built-in crossover, while the new 2 channel bridged for the subwoofer...but setting the vangogh frequency is a pain in the ass..the small frequency knob is small and the increment never states clearly...from 50hz all the way to 5000hz...how i know its increment and i emailed soundstream support, even they can't answer my question, how i suppose to know if i want to set at 90hz? anyone has any clue bout this? but this amp is clean...
iii. I want to do a full soundproof to the car, i just have the front door deaded using DeadPan...but i'm thinking of going fully soundproof now, Dynamat Extreme is expensive...but i just want to know whether those R-Blox/Fatmat do offers similar performances? and since i've seen the roof and floor using different kind of liner, is it ok i just buy a bulk pack of either Dynamat Extree/Fatmat or R-Blox and use it on the floor and the roof as well? will it offer similar performance compare to the special floor/roof liner? since i saw those floor/roof liner is some kind of sponge...without those asphalt...
which way i should go in order to upgrade my ICE the most efficient way...or is it any other 2 channel/monoblock you guys can recommend me? i just think of Vangogh since i'm using one and quite satisfied with it...will ADS offer better performance? i'm not too much into SPL kind...appreciate if anyone here would help me on this, thanks and have a nice day
creed 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
anyone care for any opinion/suggestion?
and how about those refurbished amp selling on ebay? is it reliable like new?
creed 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, does Raamat require heat gun for installation? or its just something like Dynamat Extreme/Fatmat/R-Blox stick and paste?
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
i think it is always better to use one amp for the mids and highs and one amp for the sub. I like the dynomat for the panels but for the floor or the roof i have been using stuff like the ryno liner and it works great keeps floor and roof rust proof and deadends the sound better than dynomat.
creed 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

so u means using the PH30.2 for the whole system will stress the amp? I'm keen to add on another 2 channel vangogh amp but i just think sometimes they aren't that flexible...

how about the soundproof material? anyone here use fatmat/raamat/r-blox before?

bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
definately use a seperate amp for the the sub.   hell, if you can use 3 amps for lows, mids, highs, than you will be golden. ive used rammat in a diesal before and it worked damned well
creed 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
then probably will get just another 2 channel, and use the current 4 channel to whack mid and tweet active...for the soundproof part, i think i'm a little bit piss out seeing the price differences fo Dynamat Extreme, raamat is reasonable but for the moment i think i'll let Fatmat a try...since 100ft for 100bucks is a good deal, and if i use it to cover my whole car, shouldn't be any problem, should have left over to paste here and there is there is any more vibration in near future...eheh

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic