icon

Trunk lid screen/speaker fiberglass insta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Tim says on one of those installs that he had two screws behind each speaker holding the whole thing to the bottom of the trunk lid.  If you need more info, I recommend that you email him from the link on the Hzemall site.
Trunk lid screen/speaker fiberglass insta - Page 2 -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
soda pop 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
The best way that i have found to do a trunk lid mount screen is to remove the lid and make a mold of the underside using tape. remember to sound deaden first or esle it won't fit. as far as mounting, before you glass on the tape mark a few spots along the cross bracing with a sharpie. Make sure that you can reach the marks through the speaker and screen holes that you'll be making later. Then I used fat screws with speed clips to attatch the pod in place.
if at first you don't succeed, kick it, burn it and throw it away.
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
What is speed clips with fat screws????
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
soda pop 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
you know speed clips.. also known  as tenerman clips.
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Like these,   Trunk lid screen/speaker fiberglass insta - Page 2 -- posted image.
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question im going to be building  a vanity piece for my trunk lid.  Basically im going to put sound damping material on my lid then im going to fiberglass over it and make a panel.  Then I want to carpet this panel, so my question is.  How can I attach this panel since there will be carpet over it and I cant screw into it????
soda pop 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
those are speed clips alright.. as for mounting, it depends on the texture of the carpet. carpet is very forgiving. usually you can make a small incision and glue the carpet back down with no visablity. just be carefull. also you can use a carpet nap tool or a small wire brush to hide the seam. if you need more info you can e-mail me at www.brandon@wired-up909.com. or just check out our site at www.wired-up909.com. now my question is why carpet? why not vinyll or paint?
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Well I dont want to vinyl or paint because the rest of the trunk is still the factory carpet.  I have my fiberglass box painted, but thats the only thing.  So I want it to match the factory carpet as best it can, to continue to match.
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah hey man that scions pretty cool I like the box you guys built for it.  Is that a pocket for the amps or is that a hole that is going through there? With the slits you were talking about making in the carpet I wonder if I could drill holes and mount those speed clips you were talking about screw them in and then glue the carpet back.  Anyone have another idea for how to mount it? 
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Tim had the speakers mounted last I think.  The screws were right under the speakers in the holes.  So you can carpet the whole thing and finish it up and then screw it down and then mount the speakers to it last to cover up where the mounting screws are.
Trunk lid screen/speaker fiberglass insta - Page 2 -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic