Opinion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lowridereclipse 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there,

I currently have a pair of Audiobahn AWP312T subs sitting in my room. As much as i like the power that they have its  becoming difficult to buy a compatible amps and then i hav eto have an enclosure made. that would cost a lot of $$$. On my car club's website i found a guy who is selling a custom enclosure for my car and it incudes the subs and amps that he was running. They are a little under two years old. My question is do you think it is a good box and do you think that the subs are quality (at least for a year or two).

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/khalan_99/album?.dir=1b70&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/khalan_99/my_photos

The only thing i can see wrong with them is that they are all in one chamber. i have heard that it is a bad idea to let subs share air space. Oh and those are fake ports. Its a sealed enclosure. He wants 300 for everything. I can sell my subs on ebay for about 400.

Thanks, CHRIS

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

well does it sound good to you? if I am not mistaken those are the Pioneer "400 watt" subs, i don't know the model # but those subs are basic middle of the road subs. What amp is powering them? how are they wired?

I agree that a common air, sealed enclsure is not ideal

lowridereclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

They are powered by a 760 watt two channel amp. (I know NOTHING about sound systems so all this means very little to me)

Here is the post from my site...

This is a one of a kind custom sub box I had made for my eclipse. This box fits over the lip in the trunk by the back seats!!! The sub box holds 3 tens and sits toward the back of the trunk. The box is open allowing for all 3 subs to hit simultaneously. There are 2 fake ports added for style and the top of the box has the mitsubishi logo in 3D in the carpet. The front of the box is wood painted with a chameleon blue paint. The original cargo cover for the trunk does not fit over the box well, it looks and sounds better without the cargo cover! I had this box installed in my eclipse for less than a month but had to sell the car. If you are interested pm me your offers. 3 10" Pioneer IMPP 400 Watt subs and a 760 Watt 2 channel Pioneer amp that I had crossed over to power the subs. The amp and subs are all less than 2 years old and work absolutely perfect! This system sounds great! I will also send you some 12 gauge speaker wire I have, around 10 feet.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
sounds real flashy, not geared toward performance. The pioneer amps aren't very powerful, and again the subs are o.k. but if you do not want to build a box this might be ok for you since you have space restrictions. What are you looking for big boom, or just some nice sound quality? i wonder if the box was built to the speakers' speficications or to the cars'
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
For $300 its not bad, but those arent the greatest products around, and who knows how much this guy beat on them, might not be bad for a first system though.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
When you run more than one sub from a mono signal from an amp, you can build the box without chambers. I never build mine that way. I like to separate subs from each other. Like said above, make sure the box is built for the subs, not just to fit the car.
'85 Toy
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

There are 2 fake ports added for style

...the only reason I would need to look past this garbage.

wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
I would looke and find something better what is your budget for your system, what are you looking to get out of your system
lowridereclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Well before I found this site I bought a pair of Audiobahn AWP312T subs (only to find that they arent that great anyway...). Since then I have been looking for an amp or amps that are good enough to power them. Since i know very little about sound systems this has proved to be quite a big task. (if anyone knows of a good amp lemme know) I figured that it would be easier to put them back on ebay and use the cash that i get to buy some lesser quality subs in a box that is already built but is better looking than a big rectangle sitting in my trunk. Also installation is goign to be a pain in the butt. If anyone here is in the San Diego area and wants to make a few hundred bucks and knows a lot about box building then I'll pay to build a box like the one I'm thinking about getting. I would like to find a mix of SPL and SQ.
lowridereclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Oh and my budget is goign to be no more than 500 more bucks. Ive spent a lot on my two audibahns already. Id like to get an amp and a box built I know a guy who knows some stuff about installation of audio he just doesnt know how to build boxes.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic