icon

new Alpine amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alpineguy678 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Oh by the way, it sounded great too.  The increase in sales has absolutely nothing to do with BB, they haven't even gone into BB yet.  Do you see product there, I don't.  Oh, yeah, Alpine was in Circuit City, which was another 600 store chain.  So production is not ramped up to the extent that you may think.  Oh and also, I don't see where the quality is suffering considering that that sub is virtually indestructable. But hey, thats just my opinoin right?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have yet to hear a sub that can hit the 50hz and down so dam hard as the type-x, but one problem is that the surround is so dam stiff at the beginning that people jump to conclusions that thats how the sub will always sound.  It does get better and better once that surround softens up.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Well, smartass, it is your opinion and you are completly entitled to that. I have heard the type X, and I stand by my previous statements. Infact I had the distinct advantage of going to a store that carried the type X, the W7 and the 9500. When those subs came out I went there and we did a few invehicle comparisions using the one salesmans car. Same amp to all 3 subs and all three subs were put in what their manufactures considered optimum size enclosures and the type X fell on its face. I mean sh*t man, the first one we used blew. Of course its a distinct possibility that it was simply a manufactures defect but it doesnt reflect very good when the first sub outta the initial shipment was crap. I understand that manufacturing errors occur but in the first shipment the store got 2 outta 5 of the 12's were defective, and being that alpine had already pushed the street date back on the driver initially I would have thought the quality control was a little better. As for sq, I was not the only one in that store that thought it got its ass whipped by the other two drivers. The 9500 is not known as being an SQ driver, but it sounded a hell of a lot better then that friggin abomination from alpine. The JL also whipped the sh*t outta that type X. Wasnt as loud as the 9500 but sounded better than both drivers. Honestly had I known that you owned one of these subs I woulda never got into this because trying to convince someone who owns this driver that it is not the saving grace is usless cause the owner has their mind set already. You made comments about how you knew that this sub took a bite outta JL's W7 sales. I would be interested if you actually had some numbers to back that up with or not. And on to your last claim about hitting 148 using a MRDM501 and then hitting 150 once you re set your processor or whatever the hell it was,  I know thats bullsh*t. You are not gonna hit that with that kinda power and that sub, not unless you are using a bullsh*t mic. If its a term lab mic and you gained two db by adjusting you processor, whatever the hell that was, and am hitting 150 in general with that sub I'll eat that damn type X, just suggest the wine to go with it. Alpines numbers are gonna have to go up signifigantly to supply best buy over circut city because best buy, per year, moves more head units than circut city. Also dont forget that if alpine wants in for the long haul then it was a smart move by them to jump ship to best buy because they are still opening more stores every year while continuing to maintaining or relocating there old stores. Circuit City, while they did open new stores last year actually closed more stores than they opened. All this sh*t I am telling you isnt hard to find. Most of these companies are publicly traded on the open stock market, which means all the financial infromation is provided to the public. If you think I am full of sh*t then do a little foot work and find something legit to argue with me about, cause so far you are smoke and mirrors
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

BTW to the Original Alpine Guy, I will admit that all the type X subs I heard have been when they are new and mabye they do indeed need to lossen up before they are gonna preform better. I just havent had the oppurtunity to hear one that has been "aged to prefection" :)

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
If you had read my post I said nothing about Alpines sales increasing with best buy. I was going back to the origin of this thread and saying that they are going a cheaper route in production to increase the unit output to supply best buy.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
I do agree that the type-x didn't crack up to what it was advertised as, hence the reason why im not getting it.  For the same money im getting a Brahma.  So im totally not biased.  Even tho i have owned a type-x for 2 weeks.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic