icon

more bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jhiggs 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
can you give some advice on how to produce that chest kicking bass. using a 100w amp.
Aw1208q 
Copper - Posts: 42
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

with what subs? how big of a box do you have?

jhiggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
well ive attached the amp with my pc sound sys (altec lansing 45 speak) i only used its speaker not its build in amp. iwant to test how much this amp will give out before buying anything and i dont seem to get much from it from this current set up. or is it even possible to get a fairly modest bass from this thing. thanks
Aw1208q 
Copper - Posts: 42
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
well what type of amp is it? what sound card are you using? im not familiar with the altes 45 spks so good you also provided some specs on them. and how is the amp hooked to your PC.
jhiggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2002 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

the ampli is a soundstream 4chanel 50watts each bridgeable with builtin Xover underneth there is a highpass 150hz 12db octave | lowpass of 75hz 12adb octave (dont really know what that means).manual says stable under 2ohms. thats all i know bout it.  right now the speaker that ived attached to it is about 25-50 watts 6.5" (not sure since there is no manual). water tight enclosure with an air vent on the back size 9.5 X 7.5 X 12. no capacitor no coils what so ever. is it true that a more amp/voltage from the power supply will produce better bass response? i got a 12V flat power supply with 10.3amp to it. actually its a spare power supply from a PC. ived check all channels it all works right now its performing ok but very little bass. do you think a higher speaker wattage will improve it?

another question -

does a speaker totaly same specs but with different size like 6.5" from 8", will its size affect its performance?

thanks

jhiggs 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2002 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
ow by the way the box size is 1/2".

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic