icon

Component choices

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheSaint421 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, it's time for me to buy some new Coaxial speakers for the front and back, inthe 6 1/2 inch flavor. Now I am not paying anywhere close to retail for these, so cost isn't an issue. I have been looking at a set from Alpine, Eclipse, and infinity.

Alpine Type X SPX-177R  , the Eclipse SC8264, and the infinity KAPPA Perfect 6.1... All are around the same price, retail but I don't have the opportunity to test them out or even hear them first. So if anyone could give some advice on them, or if they have any suggestions of their own I'd appreciate it a lot. oh and by the way, at the end of the day sound quality is paramount, but cosmetics are quite important as well.

thanks guys, The saint

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  

Out of those three......I would go with Infinity Kappas. Component choices -- posted image.

TheSaint421 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  

to tell you the truth, I am leaning towards those as well... Thanks

The saint

wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
kappas all day long
Crazymini 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
I heard alot of good things about infinity Kappa's.  My personal choice of components are by BOSTON ACOUSTICS they dont look fantastic but the sound quality and clarity from my 5.25" is outta this world. 
wgfdarth 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I dont believe the Infinity Kappa Perfects are coaxial, im very sure that they are component... I have Infinity Kappa 50.5cs in my rear deck and they are components... irrelevant, but coxials only go to Infinity Kappa... according to their site
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ya, perfects arent offered in a coax form, the highest you can go in infinity for coax is the kappas
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
TheSaint421 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

sorry, I meant to type Component, all the ones I listed are component set-ups, and not coax... it was very early..... :)

The Saint

ty 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Man go with the adire koda 6.1 component set, they'll give you great sq, and for a reasonable price of $349, if you have more Focal components are great also don't have a price for you but they are at least more than $4-500, if this is too much, MB Quarts are pretty good or the infinities are good.
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
yea i have to agree with Crazy Mini. When i got my Boston Acoustic Components i listend to them side by side with a pair of $1000 MB Quart components of the same size. and the bostons sounded better hands down. but i know this doesnt answer your question just another thought...but i would go with the kappa perfects if those are your final three.  I hear alot of good things about them and havent heard much about the alpines and eclipses
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic