Boss DVD/TV Tuner Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joandjo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

I have '97 Chrysler Town & Country and recently installed Boss DVD player with TV tuner (DVD-8500). Thanks for the great article/instruction in this site ( https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=25101&KW=Dodge+Caravan+headliner). I just followed NowYaKnow's instruction. Everything went well and now my kids enjoy the DVD.

But one problem - I cannot figure out the wiring on the TV tuner. The manual it came with says

* RED - DC 12V
* BLACK - GND
* YELLOW - ACC
* WHITE - Hand Brake
* BLUE - Reverse Line

I know what 12V and GND are, but no idea on the rest items. What's ACC? Where should I connect the Hand Brake wire? What's reverse line?

I called the manufacture tech support. They said I don't need to connect them. It didn't work. I returned the tuner back to the manufacture. They tested and sent back to me with saying "no problem found."

Could someone help me? Thanks!

dr_bsmax1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
This is how to set it up.
red- power (+)12volt source
black- ground (-)negitave
yellow- accessory from your ignition or something that recieves power when you turn the car on like: radio, cigerette lighter(if it turns off with the car)air cond/heater controls, or some people use the rear defogger button.(It will not blow the fuse if that is the only thing connected to it.)
white- you will have to go under the dash where the parking brake is, on it there will be a wire that sends a signal to the dash light confriming that the brake has been applied. attach it to that wire.
blue- Most of the time the parking brake and the reverse connection are never used. Does the system work with out these connected? If so don't bother with them.
i have installed many tv's and full systems. Try to see if the tv turner will work without hooking up the blue and white wires. most of the time they will try to use one of those as another power source due to having tv's on car is wrong, but if you have your power coming in and your ground secure, you should be good. My tv turner has the normal hookups, but the main two wires -positive and ground. Works great.
( please use common sence when working with anything that is electrical. I am not responseable if you gamage anything or cause pain among your self. :)
hope it helps. Anyquestions, please write to me.
leedub 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
your yellow wire is your accessory wire or the wire that has power to it when the key is turned on. yeah, you shouldnt need to hook up the blue and white.
joandjo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks!! I will try this weekend and will let you know the result.
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  

this is a indash flip out monitor correct...

The yellow wire is normally 12 volt constant which provides power all the time..

The red wire should normally be the the acc wire which only is powered when the key is turned.

The handbrake wire needs to be hooked up to the ground of the handbrake. this wire turns the picture on when theparking brake is engaged. or you could just hook it to ground and the monitor will play all the time.

the reverse wire does not have to be hooked up but if you ever get a back up camera this wire hooks on to the reverse light wire and the monitor will turn on the back up camera whenever you put the car in reverse....

post back and let me know how it  turns out..... 

Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic