icon

school suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trollman200 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone suggest any reputable car audio installation schools on the east coast. i am a trying to break into the business but i have only done pretty basic stuff so far, some box fabrication, speakers, and minor fiberglass. i would like to further my education and began looking at schools but am not too sure off the quality of some. some schools i have been looking at are Ritop, ITT audio, and Metro. any feed back would be appreciated.
iday 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
ill be attending Mobily Dynamics in the fall, if your patient, ill let you know how it goes.  My first choice was metro because it was only an hour drive away.  But, after them not replying to my emails or phone calls and reading people's views of the school, I removed metro from my list.  So far from what ive been reading, mobile dynamics has the best program to meet my needs.  For a review of ritop, go to www.carsound.com and search for ritop.  Theres a few long threads about the different installation schools.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Its an awesome school great instructors i attended there in the fall and it was the most informative thing that i have done
iday 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

did you go to the toronto campus?

trollman200 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
have either of you ever heard of ITT audio in florida? if you have is it any good? since its only 4 weeks does that make it any worse than any of the other schools?
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
well, i went to the toronto campus of mobile dynamics, it's a great place, learned alot, but there is some advice i can give, if your weak in a section (relay, ohms law, alarms, etc) let the instructor know that, they will help you out in any way they can (as long as your makeing a deicent effort) but the biggest thing i learnd, don't come out of the school and expcet to keep up with everyone else,  once you've got the job, there's tons more you'll learn. different ways to mount the hood pin, or ways to route the wire so it don't fetch up on things  and just the basic little things that could lead to big probs. they teach you how to find the wires you need and stuff like that, it's up to you to use commen sence once your putting the system in. but i enjoyed it, the teachers are great (secretarys aint bad either school suggestions -- posted image. )  learned many new things and now i'm doing what i love at a shop i don't..lol..  but it's experiance till this summer when i open my shop. 
ctravis 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

stang351w wrote:
well, i went to the toronto campus of mobile dynamics, it's a great place, learned alot, but there is some advice i can give, if your weak in a section (relay, ohms law, alarms, etc) let the instructor know that, they will help you out in any way they can (as long as your makeing a deicent effort) but the biggest thing i learnd, don't come out of the school and expcet to keep up with everyone else,  once you've got the job, there's tons more you'll learn. different ways to mount the hood pin, or ways to route the wire so it don't fetch up on things  and just the basic little things that could lead to big probs. they teach you how to find the wires you need and stuff like that, it's up to you to use commen sence once your putting the system in. but i enjoyed it, the teachers are great (secretarys aint bad either school suggestions -- posted image. )  learned many new things and now i'm doing what i love at a shop i don't..lol..  but it's experiance till this summer when i open my shop. 

Yea, what he said.   I attended in 2000, and it really helped me get my career started.  I just recently went to their phase x  and  I am still impressed with them. I vote " www.mobiledynamics.com "

Cory

craniumvibratio 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
go to MD it the best. i went and no i know more sh*t than ever. I knew alot but i learned little tricks that some installers in your bay that are not willing to share.
mfdfirefighter 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
im attending metro now and i like it ive learned alot already and i have only attended 5 classes because im doing the sat classes its pretty cool
JShane 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
I've been to Ritop it's cool cause you really get to get in some cars and work on them.  We did some custom fiberglass plexi and some other cool stuff.  I've been doing car audio for about 8 years and just went to Ritop at the end of 2004 and I learned alot.  Very good school and the instructors really know there stuff. and are alot of help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic