Problems playing mp3s in Eclipse 3414

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carguy12 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone,
I just purchased an Eclipse 3414 deck, and am having major problems playing mp3s in it. For all the mp3s I try to play, the bitrates are supported, the sampling frequencies are supported, the id3 tags are supported, the channel modes are supported, and the standard (mpeg 1 audio layer III) is supported.
So, I burn my mp3s on a disk, put the disk in the deck, and only half of them play (and half of those half sound TERRIBLE).
Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks.
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
what are the bitrates and sampling frequencies of the ones that sound bad?
carguy12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
They are 128, 160 kbps, and 192 kbps. The issues with the nonworking mp3s are scratch noises, skip noises, constant "READING..." on the display of the mp3 deck, and not even starting at all (with the song stuck at 0:00).
On a related note, I just used up 10+ CDRs trying to figure out the problem, each CDR with different mp3s, different folder combinations, different writing techniques, and the only CDs that didn't work were the ones written to the end (as in, all 700 or so megs). The ones that did work were the ones that went up to 227 megs (But that only before I haven't written a bigger CD yet). So...I'm guessing that the size of the CD is the only problem, and I can only write a certain amount before my Eclipse mp3 deck starts going screwy.
Does that make any sense? Has anyone else experianced this "fix"? Cause if you have, please post what the max writing space is; I really don't feel like wasting any more CDRs.
Thanks again.
carguy12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, all the sampling frequencies are 44.1 kHz.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
well firstly, it doesnt sound like you can fix this by tightening a screw or wiring something differently, i would send your deck back in right away and get it on warranty. thats my 2cents, i dont think you can do much other than that. unless its your CD's or burner. but i took my deck in on warranty (not an eclipse, but still had similar issues as yours), i just got it back and its playing the mp3's that my temperary (same deck) deck couldnt,
i hope that helps.
Good luck
carguy12 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'm returning the system tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a good mp3 deck? Like the brand...I'm sure I won't be able to choose a specific model as I will just pick whatever's on the floor.
Thanks guys for your support.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Check out the new Pioneer models, Im saving up for the 7700 right now.
http://pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/album/compare/0,,2076_4041,00.html
Stripes26051 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
yea ive got a pioneer4500 and it uses to play all of my mp3 cd's but then i updated sum sh*t on my comp and now i cant get i to play the only thing i can guess is that the headunit decided not to play wma files anymore and i cant find a thing that will convert them so im lost but i dun give f**k whatever reg audio cd's sound better
89 honda crx 1 15" Power HX2 jblbp1200.1 rockford coaxials 4 channel comin soon
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
Clarion DXZ545MP. I have, i love it. I'd only suggest it if u have an external amp to power ur interiors though. The internal amp isnt up to par. other than that, i have no complaints about this H.U. AND, for the price, I dont think u can get another HU with as many features. just my .02
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Did you try your cd's in another radio that plays MP3's.  It could be your burner, it may be out of calibration and needs to be repaired or replaced.  Also, you may need to change the type of cdr's that you are using.  The cheaper cdr's are sometimes flimsy and wobble as you get closer to the outter edges since they are so thin.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic