Would this amp work?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lowridereclipse 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I have a pair of Audiobahn AWP312T subs sitting in my room waiting for an amp(s) Somone told me i should get the Audiobahn A2150HCT amps to power them but Im not a huge fan of Audibahn flames. I want to keep it simple so i found these amps http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5746249662 for a decent looking price on Ebay. Are they compatible with my subs? IF so how would i wire them (I mean the whole thing... battery Capacitor amps and subs).  If they dont work someone recomended the JBL 1200.1 amp. Anyone know where I could pick these up new? All i have found is used. Thanks, CHRIS

wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
I would get the jbl before the lanzar. but you can get 2 kenwood excelon amps 811d for 235 each at locustaudio.com. drive one on each sub at 1 ohm and get 1000 watts to each sub
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
i would go with the jbl just for future flexibility. if you upgrade to a good sq/spl sub you would be all set
lowridereclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
Those amps look like they might do the trick and I found them new on ebay from Locust Audio LOL. How much power would this draw from my electrical system? Im worried about power drain when the deep notes hit. Would a Capacitor fix this problem? if so what frad cap wouldi need? I think i read that you need like .5 frad for each 300 or 400 watts of power your system is pushing but i might be wrong.
lowridereclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  

And Yah i really like the JBL i just cant find them new anywhere and I dont trust used Audio equipment off of Ebay.

bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
the jbl 1200.1 amp will take max around 110 amps. with those subs though you will never have the amp taking that much. that amp is a beast, im going to get it for my next set up. its not too expensive off of regular sites. i wouldnt trust "new" equipment from ebay either.
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
lanzars are good amps but only for a few months. most of the guys i know using lanzars have replaced them at least once in a year span, and have upgraded to the opti drive models.
gcorrea
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Lanzar is pretty much crap (except for the old stuff). A JBL 1200.1 would be great, but they dont make them anymore so finding a new one would prove difficult. Check out the HiFonics Brutus 1000D as well, it should work pretty good for ya.
lowridereclipse 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

OK so no on the Lanzar but for the JBL 1200.1 i would need two to power both subs right? (i assume that the HiFonics Brutus 1000D is the same thing)

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
I would try to find one big amp to power those two subs. One big amp would draw less current then two and it would be easier to set up. Look for an amp with around 1800 to 2000 watts continuous output probobly.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic