2003 Galant Key w/ chip 03

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
igirl 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hi i am new to this alarm stuff.

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the stock keyless entry unit (i dont know if its an alarm or just a keyless entry) And completly replace it with a new alarm system in its place. meaning instead of splicing cables i jsut remove the stock brain unit and add the new unit in tis place and use the wires of the stock unit.

The other thing is they key with chip problem. I heard you cant do remote start with that. I dont want to leave a key in my car. to do so. so i was wondering is there are any way to get remote start with out leaving my key in the car.

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
There is a PKU-MIT from bypasskit.com that does not require a key.
The universal bypass modules that require an additional key to go inside the module are cheaper and just as easy to install as the PKU-MIT. If you are concerned about the key being used to steal your car, you can just grind off the teeth of the key after you have the remote starter and bypass kit working.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
velcro 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

1st question - no

2nd q- vehicle needs a transponder bypass kit installed along with remote starter to start without a key in ignition.  the spare key will need to sacraficed or another one purchased to be put with the bypass kit.  only the head of the key is needed, cut off the teeth portion of the key & toss.  keys available at http://www.nvo.com/chipkeys/mitsubishikeys/

igirl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

So no way around the remote start either key or keyless module.

About the brain unit then. u cannot completely remove the remote unlock of the factory and use the one form the alarm ? i just dont want the old factory remote to be able to unlock my car. want only one unlock brain unit to be present in the car which is the alarms

velcro 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

no way around it, of all the schematics i've seen on vehicle wiring on the keyless module / security modules, none can be removed without affecting those functions & alot more, no easy to make the vehicle work again.  disabling the factory keyless remote may no be possible either, some vehicles have the keyless entry receiver in the same module.  i will pull up vehicle wiring diagram later this eve & leave an answer here.

velcro 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

the keyless entry is in a combined non-removable module.   on the junction block etacs-ecu, pin 25 is for unlock, pin 42 is for lock.  a negative (ground) will action the locks.

igirl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

So basicly i have to keep my stock keyless-entry module,then install a new alarm module into it, and then "throw away" the stock remote?

Thats a lil bit ghetto rigged isnt it ?

Can i add alarm to the stock module? door Sensors, shock sensors, trunk sensors and so ? And still use my stock remote instead a new brain and new remote then ?

I read that you can on the site. But do they mean by adding anoter brain unit or just adding sensors ? B/C i still am not 100% if my keyless entry is jsut keyless entry or got alarm. I kick the car no alarm. I leave window open lock the car via remote wait and then open the car from inside. no alarm. Maybe i am not waiting long enough?

jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
You don't need to throw your factory transmitter away, It will still work.
I assume you don't have any experience installing alarms or starters since you referred to installing a seperate module and leaving the factory keyless entry module in the car as ghetto.
Unless you are talking about a factory upgrade. That might be possible, but you would have to go to the factory parts department and they would likely charge you $400.
No aftermarket product will have the same wire harness as a factory keyless entry though, so it is not ghetto rigging to tap into wires, thats how everyone has to install alarms and starters. If we could just plug in a module, how would anyone stay in business? My grandma could unplug and plug in a box.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
igirl 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

Well i dont want my factory transmitter working.

I only want the new one working. i dont want my car to be able to accept the any other frequenzy than the one from the new alarm system.

jrilla 
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
No other transmitter is capable of controlling your car unless it is programmed first. So as long as you keep the factory transmitters out of the hands of a thief, then you are safe.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic