icon

99 chevy tahoe dei 555L help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I am finishing a remote start in my tahoe and need some help finding the wires for a my bypass. These are the wires I need to find.
1. the resistance wire facing away from the ignition switch
2. the ignition switch side of the passlock systems cut resistance wire.
3. the passlocks ground reference wire.
These are the wires out of the dei 555L manual that I can't find. Any suggestions in addition to what I need would be appreciated. Thanks, mike perkins
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
in the ignition harness you're looking for a yellow and ORANGE / black wire.
ORANGE / black is reference ground goes to black
you cut the yellow wire and yellow goes to key side and BLACK / YELLOW goes to car side.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
donkason 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I still have a problem. I have connected the wires as the manual said to. I have checked all of the wires at the wiring harness for the dei 555l for the appropriate signals and voltage. I have done the learning process as described in the manual. I suspect the yellow wire that I cut that sends the R code to the bcm might be the wrong one. The reason for that is because I can still start the truck with that wire cut in half and disconnected from the bypass. It was about a 22 gauge wire sitting right next the the ORANGE / black wire. There are several other yellow wires in this grouping and I was wondering if I should try those. I wanted to ask first because I want to cut as few wires as possible in my harness. The help is always appreciated, Mike Perkins
donkason 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have a little more info that will help. I verified the yellow passlock wire is the right one because I took off my steering colum cover and followed it up to the ignition tumbler. With everyting disconnected and the yellow wire cut my truck will not start. I started my truck and checked the voltage with my volt ohm meter, grounded on the orange black wire and the yellow wire on the positive side. While running by a key start the voltage was 2.068 and it showed that on both sides of the cut yellow wire. I ran my truck for 3 minutes. When I went to remote start it the voltage was 4.56 on both sides of the cut yellow wire. As my truck started to turn the starter over the voltage dropped to around 2 volts but the passlock kicked in and killed the engine. For some reason it is not giving the appropriate 2.068 volts. Any suggestions.
donkason 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have a little more info that will help. I verified the yellow passlock wire is the right one because I took off my steering colum cover and followed it up to the ignition tumbler. With everyting disconnected and the yellow wire cut my truck will not start. I started my truck and checked the voltage with my volt ohm meter, grounded on the orange black wire and the yellow wire on the positive side. While running by a key start the voltage was 2.068 and it showed that on both sides of the cut yellow wire. I ran my truck for 3 minutes. When I went to remote start it the voltage was 4.56 on both sides of the cut yellow wire. As my truck started to turn the starter over the voltage dropped to around 2 volts but the passlock kicked in and killed the engine. For some reason it is not giving the appropriate 2.068 volts. Any suggestions.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

Double check your wiring on the RS...........Be sure the 555L is coming on when your RS is

Did U LEARN the 555L??

Be sure U do NOT have the cut YELLOW wires reversed.

Don't be concerned with Voltage on those wires..........The Unit is looking for the proper Resistance, or R Code Value.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
donkason 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2005 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
I think it is the alarm having the problem, not me or the dei 555. I said to hell with it and put my truck back together. The remote start works sometimes. The idle down feature which lets me take my key out of the ignition and keep my truck running works all of the time. My shock sensor quit working as well and it is not my sensor because I have tried two of them. I think I am going to buy a new alarm system. Any suggestions on a good alarm with similar features of a crimestopper cs2006 fm1. That is what I have in my truck and it has been unreliabe. I am looking to spend around 250-400 bucks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic