icon

Dirty Car Stories

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

Ok a little follow up to the story I told at the start of this thread....

After I finished the install on the dirty car I went home to relax and take a bath...After I left the woman was going to pay...Her check would not clear the bank (We use one of those intellicheck machines I think thats what its called) she couldnt get anyone to come pay for the thing so she could pay them back....So the manager of the place made the call that her car wasnt leaving our shop till she paid for what had been done....

SOOO I come in this afternoon to do an install and there is this nasty car still sittin there...She was supposed to come in this morning from what I gathered and pay...When I left at 6:00 it was still sittin there....All That me and my boss can figure is that she was hoping that the check she was going to give us was going to "Float" till she got her funds straightened out...and didnt know we had the machine....

I am soo P-Oed...I hate when people do that crap....If you dont have the money wait till you do...

How long can we wait before we can sell her car?? If there was such a thing there would be a 2001 Firebird FO SALE!!!!

Had to get that out..

Dirty Car Stories - Page 2 -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
I f you have a sign posted.....and the law in your state allows, you can put a mechanics lean on the vehicle afte 30 to 45 days. You can take posestion of the vehicle "leagally" and sell it for the amount due.  Check into this before you threaten the owner though, it can backfire in your face.
mobilevt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  

Once in a while, I get a K-9 car for repairs.  Most of these guys take care of their cars as their own and it's no problem, they actually take care of their cars.  But there was this particuliar one that I had to fix.  The problem reported was that the lightbar was acting intermittently.

That car was so bad that it stunk of urine, 3 inches of dog hair on the floor boards under the seats, caked dust everywhere, spilled water from the water dish, the rear interior where the dog is confined was completely, utterly eaten up.  All that was left was just the bottom & back rubber platform and metal surfaces.  You heard me right!  The headliner, plastic trims, back deck cover, brake light cover,  Gone.  The dog started working on the lightbar cable that ran down the C pillar which was the source of the trouble.

I just wonder if the twitches in my left eye was the result of that exposure that day...

Sean

Emergency Vehicle Technician
Got Freedom? Thank a vet!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ah, yes, the K-9 vehicles. We have one here that we like to call Silly. He has a very bad attitude and the run of a Suburban. OMG dos that vehilce need a Overhaulin.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
My personal favorite was doing an alarm on a Chev Cargo van, and while we were cleaning the back out to put in aditional sensors, I saw them. Friggin Mice live in the van. The van had wood pannels on the inside and they must have been living in there because I saw a couple of them running around and I have no Idea how many were actually there. Mickey isnt comming into my shop again
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
once i did an amp, head unit, 4 speakers, and  7" lcd mounted to one of the headrests...i had to pull so much stuff out of the trunk, it was seriously packed full, almost two 50 gallon garbage bags full, plus the junkin the back seat. we did the install, then, a week later, had to pull everything back out, because he couldn't make the payments anymore. the car was an 86 toyota somthing...another time i had to put an xm unit in an suv that the ladys dog just puked in. the absolute worst was a 94 caravan with, now im not joking about this either, at least two inches of trash covering the floor. it was at an abc warehouse 3 years ago. it took about 45 minutes to put a cd player in this thing, because me and the other guy had to work in shifts, work as long as you can hold your breath. it was so bad it stunk up the front of the store.
Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
My worst was the fact that when people spill things in their trunk, they dont clean it up.  i was wokring on an older bmw and was laying in the trunk.  i felt something wet but assumed it was cold metal. i asked my co worker what it was and he laughed.  i got out to find my shirt was soaked.  i immediatley got the itches from hell and pulled my shirt off to see it had a bleach stain the size of my entire back on it.  i pulled off my undershirt and my entire back was red and swollen from laying in bleach.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Oh man, thanks for the laughs guys. How can people let their cars go like that?? I dont have much stuff laying around in my car, and what I do have doesnt stink. Plus I always keep new air fresheners in it. When people get in my car they always comment on how good it smells!!
At a mall near me there is this newer Saturn that is parked in one of the handicapped spots quite often. The back seat is filled with crap up to the windows!!! No joke, stuff is hanging out the edges of the door, and the back suspension is getting bad b/c of the weight. The front of the car is almost as bad, and the top of the dash is not visible due to the amount of crap on it. Ive always wanted to find out who drives this thing.
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

pimpincavy wrote:
Plus I always keep new air fresheners in it.

Ok that reminded me....I dont know what it is...I see this mostly in the Mexican owned cars that come in...

I dont know why but I kid you not Every car that I have worked on that is owned by a hispanic has like 20 DIFFERENT flavours of air freshener....And all that combines and makes a stench that I cant explain...I dont know why if someone does please tell me...I did a mustang the other day for a hispanic kid and I counted 24 Different flavours of air fresheners that he had in the car....

I was farting just to cut the sweet smell that was comming out of his car...

But I must say this about hispanics..They are some innovative people..I have never saw a 5.1 home stereo system installed into a car and working through the factory radio until I got into a mexicans car...They will make some stereo work in their car...So hats off to them...

Dirty Car Stories - Page 2 -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
overworked 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

wow guys, what a laugh...but...you should see some of the stuff I've had to work on.... doing a lot of work on farmers cars...

1, found a dead rat underneath the drivers side floor mat of landcruiser 2, putting a sub into a car spent 45min removing all the rubbish just to fit the box in to the boot 3, now this is a doosie! the door seals on an 85 subaru had what looked like coach bolts holding them in place...it was coach bolts right through the floor plan just to hold them in place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4, trying to run an UHF antenna from the bullbar into the cabin, there was dead cat splattered through out the enigine bay...ewwwwwwwwww 5, another farmers car here getting a phone kit installed into it, there was cow shlt spread right throughout the car and the smell was horrible actually I think it might hvae been more then cow shlt but we wont go into that. 6, this girls car....there was these HUGE diapers....that were full in the boot (I sent the apprentice out for that one, told him it was part and parcel and that I'd had my share of sh*t) 7, I also install satelitte tracking into trucks one time I had to move a magazine...it was sticky....I looked at the magazine....Hustler...Boy did I nearly vomit after that one!

If we compiled a book do you think anyone would buy it?! Maybe we could include things we've found as well.....like the amplifier that was earthed down the RCA leads...the owner couldn't figure out why his amp distorted when he put any sort of power into it! the truck driver who swore black and blue to me that he was able to use a UHF radio...picks up Mic presses button Says Hello and immediatly puts mic to his ear and waits for reply...I fell out of the truck laughing....my back still hurts....Later guys keep it real! and remember us installers do it anywhere, so stop whinging!

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic