icon

2 LED questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheRapture 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
1. I did have 2 Street Glow LED Bolts connected to the alarm as an indicator... they were in the front of the car and rust and crap got into the bolt area, so now they dont work.   So, i'm looking for 2 LED's that are at LEAST 10mm and not more then 1/2" large, that are Clear but light-up Green.
Anyone know where i can get something like this?
2. every now and again, after i get out of the car and shut the door, the LED Indicator stays on SOLID (as if the door is still open) but after 20 Sec it will lock and Arm (like it's suppose to)
80% of the time the LED Blinks rapidly when you shut the door (like it should)
Why is it acting like this every now and again?
Thanks all!
velcro 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

try an electronics parts supplier, like 'arrow bell', 'active components', digi-key  www.digikey.com, or mcm electronics  www.mcmelectronics.com

i would suspect the led bolts in front connections got wet etc & caused some damage to the alarm/circuit it is tied too.  discomnnect led bolts from alarm/door/whatever it is, test led indicator out & alarm, if ok, correct led bolt problem, maybe use a polarity inverter (solid state with a few transistors in it) to drive led bolts & provide isolation from the alarm, that way it provides protection to alarm if led bolts get wet & shorted etc.  u might want to fuse the feed wire also, about 0.1A (100 milliammps)

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like the alarm is waiting for the dome light delay to expire.  What vehicle is this in?
2 LED questions - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
It's a '97 Acura Integra GSR, it didnt have a timer on the dome light, but i did hook that up from the alarm so now it has a 30 delay then turns the light off.   But yes, i checked the dome light to see if it was "on" even with the door closed and the LED's not Blinking Rapidly, it was'nt.
This problem actually started before i installed the 2 Street glow LED's. mainly happins only in the Winter but only after my 40 minute drive to or from work. any other time it's blinking normaly.
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

When is the LED supposed to show solid? Assuming the LED only does this when it senses a door open and that it always happens under the conditions you described, try disconnecting the door trigger and see if the problem still exist.  If it does still exist, try relocating the alarm itself, especially if you have it mounted near a heater vent or close to some other source of heat. If the LED does this with any input triggered, try disconnecting each of them, one at a time, until you locate the culprit. If you've tried all of this without any success, you may have a faulty unit, but let us know your results and we'll go from there. BTW, what alarm is this? How did you connect the dome lamp delay?

TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:

1. When is the LED supposed to show solid? Assuming the LED only does this when it senses a door open and that it always happens under the conditions you described, try disconnecting the door trigger and see if the problem still exist. If the LED does this with any input triggered, try disconnecting each of them, one at a time, until you locate the culprit. 

2. If it does still exist, try relocating the alarm itself, especially if you have it mounted near a heater vent or close to some other source of heat.
3.If you've tried all of this without any success, you may have a faulty unit, but let us know your results and we'll go from there. BTW, what alarm is this?
4.How did you connect the dome lamp delay?

1. The LED should be SOLID only when A: a door is open B: Hood is open C: Hatch is open
I did disconnect the Hood and Hatch wire, a while back, it still happened. I can not disconnect the door trigers however, otherwise it Auto arms and kills the car while i'm attempting to drive it like it should.
2. I've got the brain located as far away from a Vent and heat source as possible. but because this only happins after at least 30 minutes of the car running, i dont know what else it may be other then heat.
3. It's a Black Widow or also called a Delta, it's a 2-way FM alarm
4. The dome lamp is tapped into the door switch. The "dome light supervision" only turns "on" when I Disarm the unit, the time is 30 sec.
NOTE: If i remote start the car, and then Disarm the alarm, the "dome light supervision" does NOT activate.
Thanks for your help!
the12volt 
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
The only other suggestions I can make for now is to check the leads for the hood and trunk inputs to the alarm to make sure they are insulated and even try disconnecting the dome lamp supervision. If neither of these are the culprit to your problem, it sounds like you have an intermittent problem with the unit itself and not an installation problem, however if you discover something else, please let us know.
TheRapture 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
well, i know for sure it's not a problem with the door/hood/hatch switchs, because the alarm is still Arming like it should.   If any of those switches were activated, the alarm would not arm until all the switches are closed.
I can only assume it's an int. problem with the brain.
damn!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic