the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

tweeters harsh, Sugestions? & broke amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a pair of the alpine type S 6 1/2" seperates. The tweets are way to harsh for me. When they hit some of the higher frequencys it sounds harsh. Do I just need to attenuate the tweets with the X-over to ber -3 or -6 db, or do I want to use the EQ in my 9835 to drop the higher frequencys? Im really up set with the way these sound. Im running them with a v12 alpine amp. Also my Mtx 8100D amp pops constantly when its turned on and the gain is more than 5%. Do I need to send it back to mtx for repair or is there something i can do?
Clarion DRX9255
Dynaudio MD130, MD140/2, MD160, MD170
(4) ID V3. 12" Dual 2ohm IB setup
EPX2 Symmetry w/ zapco line drivers
Monior 1 amps (2)MK2.120, MK4.70
Hifonics Colosus VII 1600x1
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

you can try attenuating the tweeters but your comps might sound muddy.  where do you have the tweeters located.  please dont say the a-pillars.  try different positions for the tweeters if attenuating them doesnt work.  if none of the above works, then use the equalizer and lower the frequencies that you think are harsh.  

for the amp, try taking the line driver out of the picture and and try different rca outs.  if you can, also bench it with somebody elses deck.  otherwise send it back if still under warranty

quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have the tweets high up on the door, but definitely not the a Pillar. A local shop owner recomeded it that way and Im regretting it. The amp is long out of warranty but its a decent amp so Im thinking its worth fixing? there are no line drivers in this setup. It hurts my ears everytime someone says a word that has a S in it. I should have stuck with my old school mb quarts.I really cant move the tweets since I have holes in my door pannels now. Ive got some Ground noise too, Im going to reground the system and see if that fixes the issue. This car is turning out ot be a pain.
Clarion DRX9255
Dynaudio MD130, MD140/2, MD160, MD170
(4) ID V3. 12" Dual 2ohm IB setup
EPX2 Symmetry w/ zapco line drivers
Monior 1 amps (2)MK2.120, MK4.70
Hifonics Colosus VII 1600x1
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
if you find a fix for the lisp please tell me how you did it. i have a pair of newer quarts and they sound like my a** because of that. going from a pair of bostons so its killing me. take down any bands above 25hz and the band right before the tweeter's crossover point and you should be right as rain if you want to accept a lack of sq.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic