remote unlock with vehicle running?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itjobhunter 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I have an '03 Toy Tacoma with the factory remote entry and alarm.  On an old avital alarm I had on an old buick, I programed the alarm to unlock the doors even when the engine was running (works great for letting the car warmup, etc.  Anyone know how I can do this with a standard 3 button factory remote?  Any other options?  Could I use the panick button to do this somehow?

Thanks,

Bryan

italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
quit being cheap and by a remote starter! lol  jk man.   when you start your toyota truck, do so with the driver door open.  this way the doors wont lock with the ignition like it normally would.  dont take my word for this tho...try it with the window down first so just in case it dont work, you can reach in and unlock the door.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Your factory keyless entry wont unlock the doors with the car running? Are you guessing it won't or have you already installed the starter and know for sure?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
mr dibb 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
its the same for my 2000 4runner. I have a remote start, so its different, but I can try and give you something that will work for you. There is a fuse box under the dash, with a ECU ig fuse. Pull the fuse, and connect wire to each fuse pin terminal, then put an inline fuse, and a on/off switch. When you want to leave your key in the ignition, but want to still have keyless entry, turn the switch off. Note, when the switch is off, the power windows will not work/ same with defrost.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic