icon

2005 Toyota 4Runner HU install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DevineT4R 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Ive got a 2005 Toyota 4Runner SE and need help with the aftermarket HU install. I got a Eclipse AVX2494 deck as a replacement and need help with installing it in to a 2005 Toyota 4Runner SE w/ the JBL 10 speaker system. From what Ive gathered I hear its not a direct swap meaning not compatible w/ the 10 speaker JBL system. I just need help/info on how to install it without buying another amp, utilizing the stock amp and speakers. In the future I am planning on buying a amp/speaker/sub to replace all the stock system but for now I want to use the stock speakers/amp. Any info will be great. thanks
slammedb5 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  
Check behind the factory HU for an amp. If you see one, pull out the plug. Should be two plugs(1 large, 1 small). Connect your new harness to these plugs. If you don't find an amp, keep looking. JBL in a Toyota usually means premium sound, which usually means that there is an amp involved.
EK Civic
security
no audio
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
the JBL amps is a digital turn on, if you pull the factory head unit you will not be able to turn the amp on. You will relocate the factory H/U in order to get the amp to turn on with the new radio.
Jazzy
tech460 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Could you elaborate a little more jstruckman. I was under the impression that the JBL Synthesis sound system in the 02' and up Toyota vehicles not only had a digital turn on but the signal went straight to the computer brain via a 2 channel fixed signal and the computer did all the processing, not the radio or amp, just like a Lexus. If this is true, you may be able to trick the amp on by relocating it, but how do you adjust the volume when the computer brain uses the signal it receives from the radio to feed the amp? Have you done a JBL Synthesis like this? I'm curious. 
DevineT4R 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
would anyone happen to know how to hook up the Eclipes AVX2494 in the 05 Toyota 4Runner without putting in new amps to power the stock speakers/subs. I want to install the new deck and use the stock speakers for now until I have enough money to buy new speakers/sub/amps. Thanks
DevineT4R 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 4:15 AM / IP Logged  
bump
tech460 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Impossible with the 10 speaker JBL Synthesis system. Read my post and you will understand. It would take a computer interface like Metra's GMOS-04 harness for the GM's to read data back to the computer brain to process info to the factory amp. Unfortunately they don't make one for the JBL Synthesis yet.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic