icon

2001 Eclipse sub install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
af94gt 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys, I know that I'm not the most active on here, so I apologize for that...

I want to install 2 12's in my girls 2001 eclipse that has the infinity stereo in it. now her car club is telling her to just cut the rear speaker wires, split them,  and run those to the subamp. I was wondering if these cars ever came with a sub, or if there was another, more correct way to do this.

Thanks!

beatjunkie 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
af94gt wrote:

hey guys, I know that I'm not the most active on here, so I apologize for that...

I want to install 2 12's in my girls 2001 eclipse that has the infinity stereo in it. now her car club is telling her to just cut the rear speaker wires, split them,  and run those to the subamp. I was wondering if these cars ever came with a sub, or if there was another, more correct way to do this.

Thanks!

First of all, to my knowledge, the eclipse never came stock with a subwoofer.When you say it has an infinity stereo system, what do you mean? does it have an aftermarket head unit? Do you already have an infinity amp? if so, how many channels is it?and are you currently using it to power your speakers?

Theres a way you can take the sound from your rear two speakers( which are probably 6x9's) and run it to your amp, but you need a converter box to do this, i forget what its called.

The correct way to install the two subs( assuming you have the right amp and an aftermarket head unit) is to take the sub outs on the back of your head unit and run that to the amp. obviously, theres alot more to it then that. just post up some more specifics and ill try to help you.

good luck.

af94gt 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
beatjunkie

First of all, to my knowledge, the eclipse never came stock with a subwoofer.When you say it has an infinity stereo system, what do you mean? does it have an aftermarket head unit? Do you already have an infinity amp? if so, how many channels is it?and are you currently using it to power your speakers?

Theres a way you can take the sound from your rear two speakers( which are probably 6x9's) and run it to your amp, but you need a converter box to do this, i forget what its called.

The correct way to install the two subs( assuming you have the right amp and an aftermarket head unit) is to take the sub outs on the back of your head unit and run that to the amp. obviously, theres alot more to it then that. just post up some more specifics and ill try to help you.

good luck.

[/QUOTE wrote:

the infinity sound system is the stock setup for the GT model eclipses. I may just have to splice into the rear speakers to do what im doing. she doesnt want an aftermarket sound system - yet. i wish that she did have a aftermarket head unit, then i would have had it done by now. im just trying to find the correct way to run this setup.

thx 

the infinity sound system is the stock setup for the GT model eclipses. I may just have to splice into the rear speakers to do what im doing. she doesnt want an aftermarket sound system - yet. i wish that she did have a aftermarket head unit, then i would have had it done by now. im just trying to find the correct way to run this setup.

thx 

bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
either force her to get a aftermarket deck or get a line out converter. i would really try to get her to get a new deck. with girlfriends you really want to get everything perfect, especially if you convinced her to get the system so when you are in her car you can drown out her voice. my friend somehow managed to fry his girls entire stock system trying to add subs in. he didnt get layed for monthes. given he is a complete moron and its almost impossible to screw up an install using high level inputs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic