icon

791xv on 2001 suburban

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace customs 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Well the first poblem is i cant get the remote start to work. Nothing happens. When you hit the star twice nothing happens. I have everything hooked up right I think. I used the 555l and hooked it up like it said. Also to use the factory disarm wire do i have to use a relay. I hooked the tach wire to the ecm like it said pin number 10. I hooked in the heavy guage satelite pack. I hooked the starter wire up to the right sides. i also hooked up the pink/white to the 2nd ign wire. Is that necessary. What wire do i hook to the 555l blue wire. I used the blue wire from the satelite output harness the four wire one.  What do I do with the whie/blue wire from harness 1. And do I ground the hood pin wire off. Do I ground the brake shut down wire? Alarm and keyless work fine just having probs with RS and factory disarm. The factory alarm goes off when I hit the unlock button the 791. thanks for any help.
Ace Customs
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hoodpin cannot see ground, it should ground with the hood open which will disable the remote start feature. Brake wire should go to the positive side at the brake switch. The brake wire is White at the brake switch and should show 12v+ when the pedal is depressed. Disarm wire is Lt.Green found at the keyless entry module and it is negative, no relay should be required.
I know that doesn't solve your problem, but it might help. Some other ideas I do have but since I am unfamiliar with DEI products, I don't know if they will help: Some units require you to program the tach before they will attempt to remote start. The install manual will tell you this.
I guess another idea would be to check if there is a diagnostic code that might tell you if something is wrong. The manual will tell you this also.
Sorry I couldn't be of more specific assistence.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
you need to program the tach before it will remote start.
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

I have to say program the tach as well.

Keep the car door open, hold in the program switch and start thr car using the key. The LED will light up when the tach has been learned. Then release the program switch and try again.

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
ace customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
k i will try this and let you know what happens.
Ace Customs
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
This is not a shot in anyway, but did you read the install manual. Every question you asked is answered in that manual. I would suggest mabye browsing through it again.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
ace customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
well that was it thanks guys. I fixed it.
Ace Customs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic