icon

94 Ford, Trying to Install Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevinjensen68 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, new to the forum, but I bought a Valiant Keyless Entry from JC Whitney, This System, anyways, I found a diagram that said the pink / YELLOW and pink/light green wires are the lock/unlock wires. Well...I hooked them up to my reciever box, and when I use the hand held remotes it just clicks, no response to the doors. Any help I would greatly appreciate.
Kevin
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, what kind of car are you installing this in?  You might have 5-wire locks, or maye positive.  Are the door trigger outputs from the keyless entry system negative pulse?

tim

kevinjensen68 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Its a 94' Ford F-250. I dont know if they are negative pulse.94 Ford, Trying to Install Keyless Entry -- posted image.
kevinjensen68 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone? I was hoping to maybe finish it tonight....
benjammin74 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

you most likely have 5 wire locks... the wiring from the unit you are installing provides a low current negative trigger. It will operate relays only. You will probably need to wire up 2 relays for lock and unlock.

look for 2 14 gauge wires coming out of the door boot or in the drivers kick panel. Ford uses pink/green for lock and pink / YELLOW for unlock. you will need to cut these wires and connect them to the relays....it would help to have a diagram for the wiring, but I'll try and explain it: the lock and unlock triggers from the keyless system will go to pin 85 on the relays. pin 86 and 87 will connect to a fused constant power source. pin 87a will connect to the wire coming out of the door(they will test 12v positive while pressing lock or unlock), pin 30 will connect to the wires going to the door actuators.

car audio pays my bills...
kevinjensen68 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2005 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Allright, I followed you all the way to 87a and 30. So, one of the lock/unlocks will go to 87a on one relay while the other unlock/lock will go to 87a on the other relay, correct? Wires going to the door actuators on 30, what do you mean by door actuators? I have allready tied into the lock/unlock wires and ran them behind that dash, but I just dont understand the 30 spot, thanks, sorry for the trouble.
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic