icon

Alpine i-Personalize help...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fastev 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to get this feature to work, but my deck won't recognize anything on the disc.  I've got a 9833 deck.  Am I missing a step between setting the functions, burning a disc and downloading them on my deck?  Thanks!
deocder 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
First of all, make sure that the nake of the file is A_U*.mp3. Where the * is any character or number between 1 and 5 letters. Do not try to change the file name after the download or it wont work. Insert the disk in the head unit, make sure its on CD mode. Press and hold the pause/play button for at least 2 seconds. The download confirmation screen should show up. Use the knob to select ok and that should take care of it. If you are still having problems, try using a different brand of CD-R.
fastev 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
I tried using itunes to burn the program, do I need to use something different?
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

fastev wrote:
I tried using itunes to burn the program, do I need to use something different?

That might be your problem, try using Nero Burning Rom, its much better tthan the itunes burning software

Just a thought

Later

Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
CTsommers 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem with itunes but there is a simple fix for this great piece of software. You see Itunes uses its own standard which is called AAC encoder instead of MP3 similar to what windows does with WAV file. ACC is better than MP3 which dates back to the 80’s but unfortunately it is only supported with Apple products.    To change from ACC format to MP3 so that your 9833 Alpine can read your music disk in compressed form follow these steps. Fist open Itunes, then click on Edit, then you should see preferences. Click on preferences. Then click on importing. Now click where it say ACC encoder down to MP3 encoder and that should fix it. But remember that all the pass cd's that you loaded on to Itunes will be in ACC format so you make have to reload them all into Itunes into MP3 format. I would also recommend that you change the setting of the mp3 into 192 bit rate for better sound.
Chris
Mazda3
fastev 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
I tried changing the setting to MP3 and still no luck with 2 different brand cd-r's.  When I select 'download' and choose 'yes' it tells me it is searching and then 'no?' is displayed.  What brand disk did you use to get it to work?  I have a bunch of cd coasters now, I don't want to waste any more.  Thanks!!
CTsommers 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
I use Verbatim 80min 700MB. Sometimes this works re download the newest version (4.7.1) of Itunes but before you do this, delete the old version of itunes. This will not erase your music files. You may not have all the options installed as of now but this would fix that. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Also there could be a problem with the Alpine 9833 but lets hope not.
Chris
Mazda3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic