icon

started hood scoop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

well...this is only 1 layer of fiberglass.  progress is halted right now due to needing funds elsewhere.  but this is where i am now.  I need to figgure out what to do for my center piece...i might biberglass a strip of cloth and then cut it to shape and then fiberglass it to the scoop or something.  but now i can just lay it on the hood and add a couple more layers when i can and pull it off when its hard and work on it from there. its a mold from my existing metal scoop.

started hood scoop - Last Post -- posted image.started hood scoop - Last Post -- posted image.

realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
What are you asking? Im confused.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
placid warrior 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
lol...u should be confused cause i'm not asking anything.  There have bneen a couple topics on fiberglass scoops n stuff, so i decided i'm gonna do my hood outta fiberglass and show the stages, sorry for not being clear on it though.
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
cool man keep em coming, is that a camaro?
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

You are going to be building your whole hood?  Thats cool, my bad no wonder I must have confused myself, anyway.  Looks good so far man are you building for that green car that was on here a long time ago? Or was that someone else?

dowmace 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
it looks like the scoop that was on his steel hood of that Green Monarch I think it was, anyrate dude though I can't wait to see the rest of it!
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah thats the car im talking about the guy that was talking about getting a new engine and turboing it and stuff.
placid warrior 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
yea...that'd be the car, the green monarch.  I'm doing the hood over again and will be redoing the entire body and paint again with a different type of paint and most likely using rage gold rather than bondo since i didnt really look into body fillers when i did it and figgured bondo was the stuff to use.  i just ordered some new valve springs and teflon valve seals for the head so i can do up the head a bit, then i can turbo it...already got the turbo available to me...only be like 5-7 psi boost though. got a 302 thats waiting to be rebuilt later and then that'll go in...anyways, thanks for the comments, I'll be sure to post more pics when i get a bit farther, Lordco is having a good body filler sale right now, its like 23 bucks for a gallon of rage gold as apposed to the origional price of 41 bucks...$$ is a bit tight right now...trying to get a business established as well as customizing an LTD, so once things start going then I'll be able to quicken the pace on my projects.
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

Cool..very interested in seeing the turnout of this project for sure!  started hood scoop - Last Post -- posted image.

Im a fiberglass whore!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic