icon

Kill switch with remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skitzo315 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
I was looking into putting a kill switch AND remote start into my car. I know the kill switch would defeat the idea of a remote starter. I was wondering if there was some way to integrate the two. For example the kill switch being hooked up to my door lock and when I activate the remote starter it also automatically activativates my kill switch as well allowing the car to start. Thanks.
Lead, follow or get out of the way.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
Don't know what type Remote Start you have or going to Install, but many Remote Starts have Ignition or Start Kill built in or added to them.  You can hook up a Start / Ignition Kill to other products as well.  Check to the LEFT of this message under Relays
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
You can certainly add the Starter Kill feature to your remote starter. As mo12v mentions, most remote starter today has a Starter Kill OUTPUT WIRE build into them. It is just a matter of cutting the starter wire and making the correct connection to the relay to create a starter kill.      
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Kill switch with remote starter -- posted image.
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

He basically wants a user-active secret kill switch.

Yes, you can have your remote start activate the kill switch. Very easy to do so.

skitzo315 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
So basically if my door lock wire is the button that needs to be pressed to allow my car to start, I just attach the door lock wire to the starter kill output?
johnnyb1231 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
what kind of remote start system are you using
johnnyb1231 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

if your system doesnt have starter kill you can do this simply by taking the switch and grounding one side of it... put the other side and the (-) output to 85 on a relay... give 86 12v constant... cut the starter wire in half put one side to 30 and one side to 87 and leave 87a with nothing... any questions just ask

johnnyb1231 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

excuse me for not fully reading your initial post... what i would do is setup a programming button instead of a switch then to start manually you just hold the button down and turn the key, most people wouldnt think to jack a car by holding down a fricking programming button

skitzo315 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by programming button and how would my remote start be able to activate that button and start the car?
johnnyb1231 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
i tried to IM you on aim but no response... the lil black button that use to learn tach and program features... also called a valet switch,  you wire up a relay the way i instructed you to that way either the button or the remote start charges the relay... all your doing when the relay gets powered is letting the 2 starter wires connect

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic