icon

98 Voyager Locks/Unlocks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fullblown 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

Im having problems doing the locks and unlocks on this vehicle, I use a 1.5k resistor to unlock the car and a 249 resistor to lock it since i cant find a 250 resistor.  It will lock the car but it wont unlock it.  Strange thing is that the 1.5k resistor is right but it wont work.  But the 249 which is 1 ohm off from the recommended resistor (250) works but it locks the car when its suppose to unlock it. any ideas??

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
I think you got the number backwards. See below.
I assume you have no factory security? Did you used a relay?
You can test to see if you got the correct resistor by ground a wire with the resistor on it and touch the lock and unlock wire.
Use relays and set up for negative trigger. Place a 4020 ohm resistor inline on the lock output, and a 665 ohm resistor inline on the unlock output.
If you do not have a factory security system use a 1500 ohm for lock and a 250 ohm for unlock.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.98 Voyager Locks/Unlocks - Last Post -- posted image.
JoshV 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

Or if you dont have factory security you can just use the relays for the locks and skip using the resistors.   

When you press the factory lock/unlock switch you can feel the respected relay click just above the fuse box.   If you connect to pin 85 on the relays with the right lock and unlock wires you will be all set.   And you wont have to deal with the resistors.     

fullblown 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry guys ok customer finally came back and i have to fix this, the car does not have factory security, i know that i must use the 250 ohm and 1500, but i cant find a 250 ohm there for i am using a 249 and that doesnt work, do you guys have any idea where i can get a 250 ohm resister?? ive looked everywhere. also do i have to use a relay to boost the signal??
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
"Sorry guys ok customer finally came back and i have to fix this, the car does not have factory security, i know that i must use the 250 ohm and 1500, but i cant find a 250 ohm there for i am using a 249 and that doesnt work, do you guys have any idea where i can get a 250 ohm resister??"
249 ohm is very close to 250, no need to find yourself a 250 ohm. Try moving the resistence up instead. You might have one of those vechile that will require you to spend sometime looking for the correct resistence.
" ive looked everywhere. also do i have to use a relay to boost the signal??"
Yes that is correct. If you were not using the a relay to begin with that might be your problem there. Most keyless unit will provide at most 500Ma, so a relay is require to increase the ground amperage.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.98 Voyager Locks/Unlocks - Last Post -- posted image.
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  
relay is usually not required, the small amperage is more than enough, chrystler gives you about a 7 - 10 % range of resistance to get the locks in, that's why the values are so far from each other, if it says 150 you should beable to still use something around 225 and still have it work, , closer is better of course,, i double checked your values, and your right, so i'm not really sure what's going on, i'd just try some different stuff, what you can do it put an ohmeter to ground and hold down the lock / unlock, see if you can get a reading, or even (ohh no) cut the wire, haha, and do it then, you would defenitly beable to get a reading of the switch side and know exactly what you need... just some thoughts, and last resorts, haha, c ya
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic