icon

Remote Wire SonyCD always on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jergixrguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Sony CD player in the 2000 Prelude I just picked up. My problem is the amplifier on wire always has 12V- key on key off, deck on deck off. I think the deck must be shorted inside?? Has anyone had this problem? It is a Sony CDXL490B CD reciever.

Thanks JP

Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like a bad deck to me
aerodude31484 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

I have not had any problems with Sony products but it is possible that there is an internal short.  Check the wiring, the remote wire is blue, and check to make sure that it is not grounded.  Use an volt meter and test the continuity between your ground and the remote.  Let me know what you find.

-Austin

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Are you SURE you have the wiring correct? Double check. That’s my guess, bad decks are not very common out of the box and if i had a dollar... for every time someone said "my deck is bad" but it turned out to be a self-installed wiring problem... Yeah!
What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
I had a Pioneer deck back in the day that had the same problem, it was an internal problem. You will have to send it in to Sony to get it fixed, if they know how to fix there own things anyway, they can't really make it right in the first place, i wouldn't expect them to fix it right. As you can, i am not a big fan of Sony. But seriously, you will have to get it warrantied if there is still warrant on it.
Jazzy
ty 
Copper - Posts: 137
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  
yeah that sounds like a wiring problem, is the remote wired to any relays?  Perhaps the relay is not set up utilizing the proper terminals?  Triple check your wiring, not many decks come bad out of the box.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Is the remote wire for the amp connected to the blue wire (without a stripe) on the Sony deck?
c3d 
Copper - Posts: 45
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
does the cd player always stay on as well? could be your ignition wire is connected to 12Vconstant
1987 Nissan 300ZX N/A
1994 Audi 90 Quattro CS
jergixrguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
The amp is connected to the blue wire out from my sony deck. The cd player turns on and off with the key but the blue wire has a constant 12 volts. Thanks for any insight. Unfortunately the warrantty is only 12 months so I might have to leave it connected to switched 12volt- at least it won't be on ALL the time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic