icon

This is odd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fat4free 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Sometimes when my 12s are bumping good the protection light comes on but they are not bumpin to hard i.e bottoming out etc. All i have to do is go into the back grab the box and shake the car wit it a bit and it goes back off protection and works just fine. Its the weirdest thing. Any ideas of what this is? Im thinkin its a bad ground or a bad power supply in the amp? I dont know any ideas would be great.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
Um.. Possibly a low voltage warning? Bad ground?
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
Do they come back on if you do nothing at all? Do they only come back on when you shake the box? "shake the car wit it".. So are you shaking the car or the box or both? If its just the box, check and DOUBLE check your connections. I suspect a litz wire(other names, integrated tinsel lead, ect.) that could be grounding out to the chassis or to another litz. Take the woofer out carefully and see if the litz wires are still stuck together. It's a long shot, but ive seen it happen twice.
What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
Fat4free 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
what would be the causes of low voltage im running a 4 gauge wire to the amp which is 800 watts so it should be fine. The amp is not grounded to the chassis other than by the 4 gauge ground wire. Heavilymedicate will u explain these litz wires further? in the mean time im going to reinspect all the wiring to make sure its perfect
Fat4free 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
also btw i shake the car with my hands on the box the box really doesnt move that much.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
What the tinsil leads are is the wires running from the connection posts (where you attach the wires to the sub) to the voicecoil.
Check and mak sure you have a good connection at the sub coming from the amp, sounds like you may be shorting it out.
Paul

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic