icon

hey guys its very basic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kiko_raven 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
i have a pioneer cd/mp3 car stereo that comes with built-in 50x4 amplifier in it.  I need to know what's best 3 way speaker set can i use on my stereo.  And also, i'm planning to build a subwoofer system using 10 inch driver to go with my setup, what amplifier can i use in it and how much wattage would i use?
raven
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
we need to know how much you are will to spend on each and what you are looking for in the sub. 
Pioneer PEH-9660mp
Mb Quart PCE-216 biamped
JL 12W6v2
Sony XM-4026 amp for tweeters
Kenwood KAC-7251 amp for mids
JL-4100 amp for sub
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, price range before a recomendation can be made please.  And I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  There is no such thing as 'the best."  GO to a shop or a store with a CD of your favorite music and LISTEN to the speakers that are available in your area.  The BEST will be the ones you LIKE the sound of most that are in your price range.  There is no other answer.

Support the12volt.com
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
What vehicle and what size do you want? Im going to asume they are upfront 6.5".
Gonna steer you in a direction here... Forget the deck amp, well use it for now, but dont plan to use it with your subwoofer. Problem is, i know it says 50x4, the 50x4 you get from the deck is overrated, distorted, limited frequency range-junk, trash, suitable for factory speakers only. What is your deck model?
I assume you want clear vocals, midrange but not improved imaging, just something louder and more clear then factory.
Ok, a 2 or 3 way speaker would be cheaper then a set of components. For cheap 2 and 3 ways I like Pioneer. Pioneer makes some real stinkers to, but the higher line 2-3ways are a value in my book. http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOTSA1680R
Add something like this http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX404 and use 50x4 upfront and bridge the rear @200x1 for a subwoofer.
A subwoofer like this http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC03CVR102 or http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOTSW255C. All told not bad for under 300$.
What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
heavilymedicate 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
DYonh - There is no such thing as 'the best."
Well, actually, there is, you just don’t recognize it right away cause its spelled "JL Audio".
Haha, just kidding I dont believe that at all. Seriously, maybe a sticky should be made addressing the use of the words "the best.." with reguards to posting and asking for open end replies. Or maybe a popup window that will scold the person who tries to post those words together in the same sentence. hmmmm....
Uh, just kidding again, no one really reads stickies until they are pointed out in a thread.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

heavilymedicate wrote:
Or maybe a popup window that will scold the person who tries to post those words together in the same sentence. hmmmm....
Uh, just kidding again, no one really reads stickies until they are pointed out in a thread.

How about a hammer that pops out of the screen to smack people on the head?  :)

Your last line is very sad indeed.  Too many people have no capacity for doing their own research, for reading the instructions, for learning how to do things correctly.  Too many people tend to be lazy.  They want to be told, not shown.  They want everything NOW and they want it EASY and they want it CHEAP.  Sorry, but NOW and EASY and CHEAP don't often go together in life, and certainly not in car audio.  I guess that's why Audiobahn sells so well.

Support the12volt.com
heavilymedicate 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
A hammer that pops out of the screen to smack the user on the head?! Does it exsist? Should it be built? Forget it, we have the technology, we can build it, lets make it happen (as long as my finger is on the trigger).
A quote, "Cosmetics are the other “red light” according to Rheinholtz.
“The other thing is what I like to call the ‘bling-factor’,” he said. “Don’t be suckered into the first piece of shiny chrome that you put your eyes on because, believe me, more than likely you’ll live to regret the purchase in the long run if this is the sole deciding factor. If you can, take every opportunity to listen to the product. "
From http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_293.shtml
Funny he should mention chrome.. hey guys its very basic -- posted image. A good article, it should be read by anyone considering buying a amp.
Also look at this one http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_407.shtml
In that one it speaks of the virtues of building a system tilted to the sq over spl and how a 10" subwoofer is all you really need to achieve musically accurate bass in most applications.
Anyhow, I dont think this thread has been hijacked just yet as, Kiko_raven, the information we are providing (humor aside) is good stuff for a beginner.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic