amp install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
windtech007 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 97 toy tacoma

would like to install pioneer  deh-6600 headunit,gm-x862 amp, ts-a1680r 220w 6.5 front spk,and ts-a6980r 350w 6x9 rear spk

i have na idea how to wire them or evan if you can    could someone please help?

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
I definately reccomend bringing it all to a shop and get it installed properly, then study how they did it so you can take a shot at it in the future.  But for now, definately get it done professionally.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
windtech007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

ok thanks

But I was looking for a diagram. I was hoping that maybe someone could draw a simple diagram on connections for amp to speakers. 

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

The deck comes with a "diagram" as does the amp.

I think you should have help as well. Pay for an install on your truck, and work on a friends car for some education.

rickfordfosgate 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  

i think the diagram that u want are very simple... the amps should have 4 channel to drive 4 speaker that u have. 2 channel drive your ts-a1680r 220w 6.5 front spk and 2 channel ts-a6980r 350w 6x9 rear spk.

about the power connection, it is simple. a single amps have 3 terminal that is DC 12v, acc remote and the ground. the dc terminal is direct from + terminal from battery and the remote is from acc in the car. this acc will work after the ignition is on. after that ground terminal u can connect from the body chasis.

just connect the head unit to the input amps and connect to the speaker..ok

rick engineering
windtech007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info. The diagram from pioneer shows a two speaker conf, atwo speaker one sub conf,and a four spk one sub conf. My problem is I dont use a sub. According to Pioneer diagram I will need a cap and or a resitor maybe a diode in order to bridge,but it doesnt give specifics. So can you run just four spk and if you cant what do you do with the other two? Will the head unit run two spk plus the amp? Or do I get another amp and split the signal from the head unit.

Any way if I knew a pro installer I would already be rocking down the highway. No really I do appreciate the information.

Thanks,

Windtech007

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

Will the head unit run two spk plus the amp? Or do I get another amp and split the signal from the head unit?

Your 2-channel amplifier is capable of powering a pair of speakers.  You can use if for the front pair and still power the rears with deck power.  Run a set of RCA's out of the deck to the amp.  The deck will supply line-out signal to the amp and speaker level signal to the rear pair.  If, after you set the system up like this, you find that the overall volume should be louder...or that you can't find satisfaction with the sound from the rears...you can get another small two channel amp for them and split the RCA's.

If a subwoofer is in your future plans, you might consider the second amp being a 4-channel.  Buy a single voice coil 4 ohm sub.  The 2nd amp could then power a pair plus the sub.

Crutchfield's has some good online tutoring in helping you set up a system.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic