icon

firing direction for subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
projectprotege 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

ill be starting the building some time this week, my fiancee is in the hospitol right now, her cervix is 3 cm dialated already and shes only 33 weeks so far. so theyr holding her in there till prolly wednesday and then deliver it because then shell be 34 weeks. so things been kinda hectic here lately lol

but ill be definately posting up pics throughout the build and then of finish product :D thanks for all the help stevdart.

projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
firing direction for subs - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.here is another one i thought about which possibly could work, but i think i like the inverted one better, ill try both and see which sounds better :D
projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

firing direction for subs - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.heres some other boxes ive built.....

firing direction for subs - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

firing direction for subs - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
fiberglass that box so it looks like it's part of the truck and you'll be all set, looks good, cant wait to get my system up and going 3 audiobahn immortal 10's running off 2 of the hct1300 (? the 1200 watt @ 1 ohm mono) in my lil 95 neon
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
hmmm....i got the rear box built....but it seems i have to customize the measurements on the front alot. i had to so far cut the front bottom at 14.5.....and front of both at 16.....and do without the top on the front one......it seems like it might work still but ill let you know tonight when i get back to work on it.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2005 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

Keep in mind that the outside measurements include the thickness of the wood.  If you start with a 16 1/2" base, you would then add a front and back 3" wall to make the total base height 3 3/4".  If you then cut a 14 7/8" front (slant) baffle and cut the edges at 45 degree angles....the box dimensions are done.  It would just be a matter of fitting a back slant with the angled edges cut as I showed, and then filling in the top space.  And then attaching the side walls.  (Don't forget to put in the center baffle.)

But, on the other hand, if the front and rear 3 3/4" walls are made to extend to the floor, the bottom piece will indeed be about 15" because it will fit in between the walls.

As long as both boxes have the same size/angle front baffle and the same base height as well as same total height, you can make up differences anywhere else.  And of course the volumes should be close to correct.  If you end up with harmony in the overall pair of boxes and the subs have the same net volume of air....it will be good.

projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
i fount out why the front box had to be customized....i totally forgot the back seat is slanted so i lost 2 inches in my measurements.....so what i ended up doing is building a box exactly like the rear and made them face eachother...it looks awsome, but we will see how it sounds, also none of the subs are inverted, if it doesent work out ill rebuild the front box and take another stab at it with your design. if you want pics ill get em up either tonight or tomorrow
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic