icon

Looking For Loud Alarm Siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
derrickg 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
who makes the loudest alarm siren or air horns ?
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
I would have to go with DEI on that. They also make a small "cool" little piezo siren that goes on the inside of the vehicle which is designed to be a pain generator!! Look it up on the net as I do not know the p/n off hand!
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
derrickg wrote:
who makes the loudest alarm siren or air horns ?
The maximum decibel rating you will find sold in the open market for automotive alarm sirens is 130 dB.
The maximum (dB) level is only one factor, which gives you the percieved loudness, or how far the sound will carry or penetrate a sound barrier.
ie. A smoke alarm is rated at 90-110 dB. It is because of the pitch, and frequency tone at which it is allowed to resonate.
Which allows the sound to carry farther, and penetrate deeper into sound barriers.
Just something to keep in mind. When in doubt, a combination of air horn, OEM horn, or mechanical air raid siren is what will turn heads.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
diabloscope 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
if you can dig up a derringer or older alpine  siren ....they in my opinion are the most ear piercing sirens you can get   IF YOU CAN GET    LOL  !!!!!
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
okay... do a search for a mini air raid siren. it sounds just like a real one only mini! lol. might get a ticket, cause it is loud. my family has bad flashbacks whenever they hear mine.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Every manufacture claims to make the loudest siren. Looking For Loud Alarm Siren -- posted image. Anyways, run a relay and put in as many as you want or until you are happy with how loud it goes.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Looking For Loud Alarm Siren -- posted image.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
I found that the some of the loudest you can get is most factory car horns. Especially most japanese cars like nissan and toyotas. They have that distinctive "BEEP-BEEP" sound. I took the horns off an altima in the junkyard and wired them up with a relay and an electronic flasher. When my alrm goes off, you hear 3 sirens wailing and the horns going beep-beep. Its so loud it can wake the dead. My neighbors hate me. Its not very sensitive so it only goes off when its REALLY being set off. But one morning about 5a.m. the paper boy threw the paper on top of my car, and that was enough to set it off. It woke up the whole neighborhood. Not to mention the paper guy was scared as all holy hell, lol!
johnnyb1231 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  

the dei mini piezo is extremely loud but its designed specifically for the interior of your car... dei makes one thats rated at like 130 db... ill check tomorrow when im at work and get the name and part number for you

ituneyou 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe a hearing aid would work good for you, just joking.
I have an Alpine alarm in my car and it is one of the loudest sirens i've hever heard.Try mounting the siren facing down towards the ground that will resonate off the ground and sound louder.
Good luck,
      Steve
A man has got to know his limitations
essay 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  

http://community.webshots.com/album/280342593RzzUrB

Forget external sirens. no one gives a crap about them, they just piss the general publc off/. Wire up a number of these piezos from radio shack, the link above shows one in the drivers side air vent of an xj, and with enough of them - specially around ear-level - it is impossible to cover one's ears and steal your stuff simultaneously, imho.

If you really want to get vindictive, wire up the door locks to remain locked for about 30 seconds, not too long where the scumbag will start doing damage. Moreover, insult the miscreants' intelligence by placing a very obvious "kill" switch, which really activeates the whole set-up, and he'll be the sped. that controls his own destiny. "duh, I knew this was too good to be true".

I loathe dishonesty. Play by their rules and our intelligence will overwhelm them.Looking For Loud Alarm Siren -- posted image.

just a suggestion...

mm

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic