icon

03 Envoy Aftermarket Radio install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Envoyman 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  

Ok...I have had enough of the factory sound in my envoy....So I have purchased  a JVC KD-AR7000...

I was talking to a friend who knows a little bit more than I do about car stereo and he said it cant be done in my car...

I know that It can...So I need to know what I will need to do this....From what I have read so far I need a wiring harness of some sort...A dash kit..and an antenna adapter...

I just need to know what exactly I need to do my install and any instructions that you can offer to make me doing this as painless as possible...Also I know that I can take it to a shop to get it done...But I want this to be my vehicle...I have some wiring expericance so I want to do this myself....

Any help is WANTED..Thank you...

Envoyman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

oh also...I know that JVC is coupled with Sirius but I like XM as apposed to sirius...

So is there a way to get XM into the Reciever so that the reciever controls it...I know I can get a seperate unit for the XM but if I can get it into the reciever and have the reciever control it would be wonderful...

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
you need a Metra dash kit 99-3301, ant adpt 40-GM10 and there are three different harness/interfaces for the Envoy depending on whether it has Onstar or Bose... GMRC-01, GMOS-01 or GMOSB-01 OS being OnStar and OSB being OnStar w/Bose system....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Envoyman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

kool thanx....But now what all do I need to do...Is the harness color coded or do I need to know a bit more....My friend Mentioned some kind of RDS system that would cause me trouble...

The antenna adapter is self explanitory and I have already assembled my dash kit (it had really good instructions)

And is there anything to my XM radio request???

Thanx Kgerry....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic