icon

1993 ford explorer alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
billf04 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

i just installed  a remote starter on my truck every thing seems to be working fine except for the alarm. not sure if its factory or aftermarket, but when i lock the doors with the new remote the alarm sets and when i try to remote start it the alarm sounds. the alarm remote only has one button and normally activates when shutting the door or using the remote. can the remote starter sys. i just installed disarm the alarm when activating remote start feature. and can anybody tell me if this is factory alarm or hack.

Thanks for all your input.

Bill

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
Anti-theft module located by keyless in rear or driver kick panel the color is dark GREEN/ purple (-) your remote starter should has a wire for factory disarm.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
billf04 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks dare_ds69,

i looked in the drivers kick panel and couldn't find that wire. i also  noticed that the harness in there was already cut open and the wires for the alarm were spliced in and under the dash. the remote for the alarm doesn.t work anything but the alarm. i'm assuming they hooked into the door trigger, because as soon as any door is closed  it sets the alarm. After a certain amount of time it will beep to notify you that it is armed.

Thank again

dare_ds69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

ok you have 1 alarm and one remote starter. you have to find the ignition wire from the alarm not the car the alarm, cut it. the remote starter should has one wire that it say ignition, not the heavy one the small one. you have to conect to the ignition from the alarm.  what remote start are you using?

the problem is when you make the car starter the alarm see it 12v+ for the ignition wire and it trigger the alarm.1993 ford explorer alarm - Last Post -- posted image.

billf04 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

Yes when i bought the vehicle it came with an alarm. the truck is used so the dealer didn't even know it worked. had to change the battery in remote

anyway i installed a bulldog rs1100 remote start with all the bells and whistles (door locks, parking lights, interior light, etc.) that ends is working fine.  i was hoping i could just use the remote start control since the alarm sets itself. if not atleast disarm it when i remote start vehicle.

dare_ds69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
try to do the way i said before, the only thing is that you have to disarm the alarm in order to get into the car.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic