icon

Did I goof?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rick_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

My first project, a gauge pod that sits on top of the dash.  I made the dash shape mold, came out nice.  Then I made the pod housing using foam as a mold, that too came out nice.  I just kept right on going and now have the gauge pod bondo'ed and the dash form bondo'ed and primed.  I forget to put the two togther!

Heres the question....

Can I glass them together over the bondo OR just chalk it up to experience and start over?

Thanks,

Rick H...

realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
I would sand down as much bondo as you can in that area, and then I would put the two together with either some glass, or a type or resin and sawdust mixture or resin and talc powder mixture, it should be strong enough to hold but it might crack if some pressure is applied. If you have any doubts I would glass it.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
dowmace 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
like realitycheck said sand it down and glass it together, this isn't a sub box it's just gauges there shouldn't be alot of pressure on this unless your using lik a 6 inch tach or something.
Rick_h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

dowmace wrote:
like realitycheck said sand it down and glass it together, this isn't a sub box it's just gauges there shouldn't be alot of pressure on this unless your using lik a 6 inch tach or something.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like I can salvage what I have done so far.

Just 3 gang pod of 2 1/6" Autometers.

Thanks again,

Rick H...

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Rick, I'd say that does count as a goof. Maybe you should look into a respirator. Those fumes make you do strange things sometimes. Reaelly though, dont worry about it man do what they said and its fixable. I mean we've all gotten stoned off resin and woke up with a subwoofer where the motor used to be. Right? No? Just me? Hmm...
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
Ugh I think your alone on that one there nik!   I did get a massive headache from it one time though.        One of the funniest post ive read on here was a long time ago some body said, they knew they were high when they walked into their garage door. lol that was so funny.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
realitycheck, the headache was probly from when you hit the floor, so you have no idea of what you did before you hit the floor. Man it might be a good idea to hide out for a awhile.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Rick_h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

oonikfraleyoo wrote:
Rick, I'd say that does count as a goof. Maybe you should look into a respirator. Those fumes make you do strange things sometimes. Reaelly though, dont worry about it man do what they said and its fixable. I mean we've all gotten stoned off resin and woke up with a subwoofer where the motor used to be. Right? No? Just me? Hmm...

Well the pod part turned out soooo darn nice I think I am going to change my plans and do a roof mount out of it.  Will just have to conture the bottom to match the ceiling lines.

I looked the thing over with a magnifine glass and can not find a pin hole or scratch in the bondo!  All those years of doing body work come in handy now!

Thanks again!

Rick H...

doc t 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Remember guys brain cells don't grow back, we are all probably one project away from ending up in the enchanted kingdom with the rest of the glass lickers.

Did I goof? -- posted image.

All Bleeding stops.....eventually!
oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
The enchanted kingdom ROCKS!!! WOOOOO!!!!!
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic