Rockford Fosgate info please?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fishy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy some RF gear here in Australia from a friend, it is old stuff, that has never been installed yet (its the older RF gear). If some-one could tell me about this stuff or show me a link/document where i can read its specs, i would greatly appreciate any help in determining if it is value for money or not.

What i have the opportunity to buy is 2 x RF Punch XLC's (12") and a RF150A1 mono amp.

Any help would be VERY VERY much appreciated, its from a good friend of mine, who purchased all this stuff years ago for a project that he never finished, so he wants to off-load it. Asking price is $500.00AUD ($390.00USD)

Any thoughts, i dont know much about the older RF stuff, except that i once had a 10" i was happy with...

Scott.

boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to read what other users think.   http://www.epinions.com/pr-Rockford_Fosgate_150a1_Car_Audio_Amplifier   You can also search epinions for the subs hope this helps.

Here is Rockfords website.  http://rockfordfosgate.com/home/

fishy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

because of their age, i cant find anything on Rockfords website, infact, i cant find much using the "XLC" description, i might have to get the original product number or such.

Anyone got personal opinions on these, and would this amp really be enough to power both 12"?

Bigfrank203 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
If you email rockford tech support they should tell you. They have been helpful with me in the past.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  

Or ask Rob. Nobody on CAA had this info...wow man. You are in Australia, not the inner reaches of the Amazon.

XLC 12" subs, model# RFP2412 or RFZ1412 if they are 4 ohm or 2418 / 1418 if they are 8 ohm. RFP models were rated for 200w rms and the RFZ models rated for 100w rms. All liked a 1.0 - 1.5 cu. ft. sealed box or in pairs a ported encolure up to 3.5 cu.ft with 4" ports about 8" long IIRC.

The 150A1 amp is a mono amp that is stable to 2 ohms and produces a minimum of 150w rms @  2 ohms. I used this amp to power 36 12" Punch Z subs here in the store and it never missed a beat.

As far as age goes, I think they are a year 2000 model, the last year of the black and grind series and the last year before they started heading downhill IMO.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic