icon

Blown Sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juice_man6 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  

I just got a system installed in my car, Alpine 9835, 2-10" type S subs and MRP-M350 amp.  It's been good for 2-3 days,  but it sounded like it really rattled the hatchback of my car.  So today I opened the hatch, cranked er up and one of my subs is rattling like crazy.  I haven't been pounded them, because they told me to "break em in"  Could it be cold weather (-20 to -25) or did I blow it.  Dosen't make much sense, because I really haven't played it that loud.  Any thoughts.........

Thanks.

rickford 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  

do you install it by ur self. i think the woofer its ok but the connection from amps are wrong. u can get the good sound when u change the wire + terminal to - terminal and the wire - terminal to +terminal . i meant the speaker cone can move with different way. it can kick upward and backward . u can see it if u change the wire connection. the wrong connection can make it sound very worst when u turn to full volume.

rick engineering
juice_man6 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
It was all professionally installed.  It sounded fine for the first 2-3 days.  Maybe I just never had it loud enough.  Then today I played it a little louded then usually and noticed the rattle, which made pop the trunk and listen.  It totally sounds like something is wrong, I don't really know what a blown sub sounds like.....this one just makes a loud rattle.  If I put my hand against it a little bit, the rattle goes away.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
go back to the installer. have them trouble shoot it for you.
Big Dave
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Iv seen that once, totally couldn't figure it out,  Just sent it back.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
rickford 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

It was all professionally installed, so i now i know wats ur problem. it was ur subwoofer problems. maybe ur woofer not enough current from ur amps. may i know wats kind of sub u use? is that the single voice coil(SVC) or dual voice coil(DVC). I have seen once of the DVC subwoofer drive by a low amp. it sound very bad. u can hear the rattle sound very clear like "brrrrrrrrr......brrrrrrrr" when u set the volume to minimum. i think the subwoofer are blown. i suggest u to go back to ur installer. it is not worth to u...yup.

i more thing. the woofer will working properly with the wright enclosure. there are many woofer with different brand sell today. and then the woofer can be separated with 2 kind that is first with free air(use enclosure with the piping 4 air moving) use and second with no air(enclosure that is sealed wholly with no piping) use. when u put the second woofer to the enclosure with the piping, it will sound very worse even u drive it to high volume. im very experience about this. please ask ur installer about this situation. maybe some installer just install the woofer and just earn money from u because it doesnt belong to them. i hope u know, this is wat we call bussiness it all about the money. they hope u can return to they shop to get a better and expensive audio stuff.

that why i try to install my audio by myself. just ask with ur experience friend. i want to upgrade not just can play the sound but u know to figure it and to tune it. all the audio and the amplifier must tune to get the better performance. this is the reality man! even the high performance amps will drive ur sub very bad if the tuning are not wright.

4 me, i just use the low amps, low subwoofer but i tune them to the highend, to the limit so it sound so very powerful. the expensive amp and sub just 4 the brands. maybe the expensive one give u more function to tune it up. but if u cant tune it better, it just useless.

rick engineering
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
quite a grammar engineer
rickford 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
its up to me dwarren... i dont care wat r u talking about.... with no hobby we cant get passion.
rick engineering
rickford 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
my hobby are ICE. so i can get satisf**ktion with this hobby...
rick engineering
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
didn't realize english was a second language for you, I truly apologize.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic