icon

Pulse after shutdown on CS2015FM

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chuntag95 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2002 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado.  I have installed the Crime Stopper CS2015FM and am trying to get the RAP shut off if the remote start times out or is shut off.   I was advised to use the pulse after shutdown to pulse the door trigger and diode isolate the alarm from this pulse.  My problem is I can't figure out which wire is the pulse after shutdown from the manual, if there is one.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
bigwilley 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2002 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

Just off the top of my head, I think this should work....

First of all, find the positive lead that supplies the power to the RAP relay (sorry, couldn't find a diagram, maybe find it near fuse box - should be labled RAP). Cut this wire in a convenient location that will give you room to work with. Then, wire it with a relay very similarly to a normally closed starter kill relay, but instead of killing power to the starter, you'll be killing power to the RAP. This will basically cut power to the RAP anytime your CS2015FM is either armed or in remote start mode. This should work.

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2002 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
The pulse after shutdown wire might be labled "factory alarm rearm"  Hook this up to one of the door switch wires so that vehicle sees a - pulse after the remote starter shuts off.  This way the truck will think that the door was opened and will shut down the RAP.
bigwilley 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2002 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
That would work too, but I don't think a CS2015FM has a factory alarm rearm on it, unless I missed something.  IF it does, that would be easier.  Oh, and by the way......I have a question.  On every vehicle I've installed, the radio and power windows never have power unless the key is in the ignition and in the ON posistion.  Am I do something wrong, or is this one a little different?
chuntag95 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2002 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

Since there is no factory rearm, I decided not to worry about the RAP since it is a diesel with dual batteries and all that is running is the radio.  It goes off on it's own in 20 min.  I did wire in the factory remote so when the alarm locks, it triggers the lock on the remote and activates the factory alarm.

Chris
The Raven 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2002 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'll have to check my diagrams, but I believe the rearm is an ORANGE / black or that may be the disarm, I know it has one, just all of my info is at work.
"Speed costs, How fast do you want to go?"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic