icon

Help with Autopage RS-855LCD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fastev 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

I'm going to install my first remote start this weekend.  I've done some alarms, but this is a bit new. 

On the 20-pin connector there are just a few wires I'm not sure about.  They are; 

Instant Strart and Turn off input.  What does this connect to, one of  the  grounded when armed outputs? 

Are the accessory and programable outputs optional, for extra devices?  Remote start will be in a Ford Ranger, so no trunk, etc.

Last, there is a 200mA grounded when disarmed and a 500mA grounded when armed.  The manual says they can be used for a starter and fuel pump disable.  Do I need these?  The factory alarm does both, and the Autopage has provisions for using the existing system.  I'm guessing these are optional...

Thanks for the help!

radkonn 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
The H10/8 WHITE/ Blue wire is normailly used for testing, but it can also be hooked up to an after market security or oem system aux. channel to start the vehicle. You can program the system to start when it senses the programmed amount of negative pulses. I just taped this wire off. I installed this alarm in a Nissan Frontier, and I didn't use most of the wires in the H10 harness. I just didn't have the need for all the aux channels. Just hook up the wires you need to. This alarm had more options than I needed. I just used it as an alarm and remote start and didn't hook up any aux channels. H10/19 ORANGE / white wire is optional. I didn't use this wire. H10/20 wire is also optional, but I think you should hook it up if you want starter disable. They provide the relay and harness with your alarm. Just follow the diagram. I actually just bought another one to hook up in my g/f car.
fastev 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks radkonn, that's exactly what I needed to know!
fastev 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Last thing, I've got a DEI 556u PATS bypass.  It has 6 wires on the harness.  I think I only need 12v+ and ground, can anyone let me know for sure?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
these are the wires i needed but some you might not need
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic