icon

amp wires questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
hello, i got a question here,  a guy has a pair of 1200 @ 1 ohm mono audiobahn amps and 3 immortal subs (dual 4ohm voice coils i beleive) i was wondering if i ran one sub to one amp, and then take the third sub and wire one voice coil to one amp and the other coil to the second amp, each amp would see something like 1.3ohms (which the specs are rated for 1ohm) i'm just wondering would it rip the third sub or bother the other amps? each amp would also be set to put out the same amount and all that garbage, i'm jsut wondering if it can be done without cooking anything.
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

yeah, it should be fine....

-Drew

stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
well..it's what i thought...but wasn't sure, however, after i posted and stuff i realised my numebrs were a lil off,  but in the end as long as i don't go under the 1 ohm limit of the amp things should be fine
kgcajun 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background=""0 UNABLE="off"}{p}canyou help me... i'm trying to install an amp in my son'e new scion tc. it was previously installed in his old car but that was easy because it just plugged in. there are 2 wires going to the stereo from the amp they are plugged into the amp. " (L) and (R) low input". the new scion stereo does not have these plugs. so where do i tie them in at on the stereo?{/p}{/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/TABLE}
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

cajun,

start a new thread, and don't do the cut and paste thing- that's where all that garbage comes from.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
kgcajun 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background=""0 UNABLE="off"}{p}i just started typing ....sorry{/p}{p}can you help me get his amp wired?{/p}{/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/TABLE}

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic