icon

Compustar Output Power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
EGsiks 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  

I am going to ATTEMPT the install of my Compustar alarm (CM3000)  on my Honda Civic this weekend and have a few questions. First off, i think the power supplied from the alarm is 250ma if I am correct? Most likely i am not. Is 250ma enough to power my door lock, and IGN2 wires? I installed my previous alarm/starter myself but do not remember using any relays besides the starter kill relay which was included. if there are any honda or compustar guru's out there please help. thank you

godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
the power locks and ign 2 you have to run with a relay.
EGsiks 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for the information about the relays, i really appreciate it. There are a few pins on this module that i have no idea where to make the connection, the install manual that came with the alarm is not very helpful. the wires i have in question  is the "ORANGE / black 2nd unlock wire" on the 6 pin CN4 harness, and the "light output wire" on the 5 pin CN2 harness. where are these connections made?

techie51 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  

The ORANGE / black wire is for driver's door priority unlock. The "light output wire"  which is GREEN / WHITE is for (-) parking light output. I don't know what year your car is but I am pretty sure it is a the light output on the Honda is (+). Which means you would not need this wire if you already connected the GREEN / WHITE on CN#1. Here is the link to the website that was given to me. Your right you probably got the same install manual I got and it sucks. This one was alot more help. good luck

http://www.nustart.ca/tech/manuals.html 

EGsiks 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thankz for the info on the light output wire. i tapped it into the parking light wire from CN1 anyway.  My next problem which i am ending my day on is the door trigger. i pulled the wire diagrams off this website and it list the door trigger wire as "one of 2 GREEN/ red wires on the driviers running board. i tapped into this wire and seems that it only controls the drivers door trigger. does anybody know the passenger door trigger color? i have tried the other GREEN/ red wire but that does not seem to work. i would rather not run the trigger wire to the dome light because it is a headache to remove the panels in my 95 honda del sol, although 1 of the 2 wires on the dome is GREEN/ red and the other being WHITE/ blue. i cannot see why honda would put the door triggers on a seprate circuit...alarm experts please help, i would like to get this finsihed this weekend. thank you.
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
does the domelight turn on when you open the passenger door? On this one website they list the door trigger as...
Dome Lights/Superv: LIGHT GREEN/ RED (-)ABOVE DRV KICK 2 PIN GRAY CONN.PIN 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic