icon

Focal Utopia

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Nat_87 
Copper - Posts: 34
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hi All, ive just recently sold my previous ride and am looking at setting up my new ride. Its a 94 Toyota Supra :D Since my precious car has a ok stereo this one is looking at getting a full comp install. Now what i want to know is ive heard that Focal are the way to go in regards to the front speakers, namely the Utopia Series. What are your experiences with these type of speakers and comments regarding them? Does anyone have any suggestions if they dont like the focal speakers? Money isnt a restraint, altho it has to be with in reason and around the price range of the utopia's. Thanks for ya help pepz!!

Cheers

~* Cheer Nat *~
Pioneer DEH-7650MP
Pioneer TS-C160R
Pioneer TS-A6990S
Pioneer GM-6000F 4ch Amp
Audiobahn AW120T 12" Sub
Pioneer GM-D510M Mono Amp
AERPRO 1F Capacitor
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
Save some cash.....get the polyglass line, your ears will love em. And the extra money you didn't spend will come in handy on other parts of your system The 165V2 if depth is NOT an issue, if it is the 165Vslim
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
I'm a fan of several brands. For lower-end speakers, I'm a big fan of Infinity Kappa Speakers. If you're looking to spend some more money, I'd look seriously into Boston Acoustics or MB Quart. Boston Acoustics has some nice speakers, and who can argue with German Engineering?
All these brands please my ears...but everybody likes different sounds... Go to some dealers and listen to them!
~wayland
vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

I am not too impressed with the titanium tweeters in their components, prefer a softer sound of silk dome. Although the mids are top shelf and you may like the tweeters as personal taste is important. Before spending any cash, demo as many brands as you can.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
The utopia are great sounding speakers, but as I have said many times before, as well as others, listen to them before you buy them cause sound is objective. I am also a big fan of Boston Pro and Boston Z speakers. Kar Tune, why did you say save some cash and get the polyglass line. I could be mistaken but I believe the polyglass are a step under the utopia and cost less money.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
fastev 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat wrote:
The utopia are great sounding speakers, but as I have said many times before, as well as others, listen to them before you buy them cause sound is objective. I am also a big fan of Boston Pro and Boston Z speakers. Kar Tune, why did you say save some cash and get the polyglass line. I could be mistaken but I believe the polyglass are a step under the utopia and cost less money.

The K2P series is between the Utopias and the Polyglass'.  They are phenominal speakers as well.  I love my Focals, and for my money it doesn't get any better.

wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
What KarTune meant was save the extra money, and buy the Polyglass speakers...
~wayland

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic