the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
I put an Autopage Keyless and remote starter on a 2000 Altima yesterday. All went well except when I was looking for the factory horn wire. In an effort to locate the horn wire, I disconnected a harness that went into the steering column. I did this because my source for the horn wire was incorrect and I did not want to trigger the air bag. I eventually found the horn wire. I thought by disconnecting the harnesss, I would avoid any possibility of causing an airbag issue. However, the airbag light is flashing now. I wanted to know did I cause this by unplugging the harness and if it would eventually stop flashing. I did test two wires, but they wason the plug side away from the steering column. Any help is much appreciated.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
wblakes 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
i did an install on my brothers last year and i unplug a lot of harness at the steering column and nothing happened.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

Probally so you should never unplug airbag wires with battery connected.

meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the input, but will I have to get the airbag code cleared or will it eventually go away after several starts?
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
radkonn 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
I wrote these procedures down after I found them on another site. I can't find the post now, but it may be worth a try. It is suppose to get you into the diagnostic codes for the SRS for Nissans.
(2001 and older)
1. Open front door LH.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Press front door switch LH at least 5 times within 7 seconds
after turning ignition switch ON.
SRS is now in Diagnosis mode.
4. “AIR BAG” warning lamp operates in Diagnosis mode
Note the pattern of the blinking (X long blinks followed by Y short blinks) and the number of short blinks will indicate what it is complaining about:
1 is the driver's seatbelt pre-tensioner
2 is the driver airbag
3 is the passenger seatbelt pre-tensioner
6 is the crash zone sensor on the radiator support
7 is the airbag diagnosis sensor
8 is the passenger airbag
9 is the passenger airbag deactivation switch
I believe if there is no fault detected, or it is not seen again after you exit the diagnostic mode it will clear. Let me know if it works. Also, I have the procedure for 2001 and up Nissans as well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic